Deliver Your News to the World

BlueNext chasing new record highs on the Spot EUA


BlueNext is pleased to announce that the spot contract for European Union Allowances has reached a new record volume on August 14, 2008 of 1,504,000 tonnes. This brings the total volume traded so far in the month of August to 8,239,000 tonnes, which represents around 8 % of the total traded market volume and 16 % of the total exchange trading (OTC clearing excluded).

“Together with the strong interest in the new Spot CER contract, this new record, while many member states are yet to allocate their EUAs, points to the growing importance and liquidity in the spot market.” declared Andrei Marcu, CEO of BlueNext.

BlueNext, the Paris-based environmental exchange is a partnership between NYSE Euronext and Caisse des Dépôts. BlueNext offers a range of products all listed on the same trading platform including BlueNext Spot EUA 2008-2012, BlueNext Spot CER, BlueNext Futures EUA and BlueNext Futures CER.

BlueNext is the international environmental exchange with NYSE Euronext holding a 60% interest while the remaining 40% is held by Caisse des Dépôts. BlueNext today operates the leading EUA spot exchange in Europe from trading to payment and delivery in real time. BlueNext aims to be a world leader for trading in environment-related instruments and will be pursuing this goal with the international deployment of a comprehensive range of products and services, by the same token consolidating its user base across both financial and industrial sectors.


This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.

News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.