Deliver Your News to the World

Odds of Giants Winning Super Bowl? Vegas Says . . .


The only sports bettor on Forbes’ recent list of Gambling Gurus, RJ Bell of is providing eye-popping Super Bowl information found nowhere else!

Las Vegas, Nevada (1/24/08) – Everyone has an opinion about Super Bowl XLII, but Las Vegas has an opinion backed by millions of dollars. RJ Bell of breaks down what Las Vegas thinks about the game.

The New England Patriots are favored by 12 points, which is another way of saying the Patriots are expected to beat the New York Giants by 12 points. The “total” (also called: Over/Under) is 54, which means that both teams combined are expected to score 54 points.

RJ Bell of said: “By considering the game’s point spread and total you can derive that Las Vegas expects the final score to be Patriots 33, Giants 21.”

The Patriots started as a 14 point favorite, but the line was quickly bet down to 12 by Giants backers. Experts told RJ Bell of that they expect the line to move back up by game time since most casual bettor wait till Super Bowl weekend to bet, and most of those casual bettors will likely be backing the favored Patriots.

The game’s money line is -500, which means a bettor who wants to win if the Patriots win, with no regard for the pointspread, needs to risk $500 to win $100.

RJ Bell of said: “By considering the game’s moneyline you can derive that Las Vegas gives the Patriots a 82% chance of winning the game, and the underdog Giants only an 18% chance.”

MEDIA NOTE: Print, radio, TV, and Internet media should feel free to quote any information above. Please attribute: RJ Bell of RJ Bell is available for any follow-up questions or media appearances at:

Search for and see all of the one-of-a-kind 2008 Super Bowl information released by RJ Bell.

RJ Bell, president of, has been featured on CBS News with Katie Couric, ABC News with Charles Gibson, Nightline, Sportscenter, Outside the Lines (ESPN), First Take (ESPN2),, ESPN National Radio, Yahoo,, – and in Wall Street Journal, Associated Press, LA Times,, Maxim, and Forbes.


 super bowl odds
 point spread
 favorite underdog
 money line
 Patriots favored

This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.

News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.