Deliver Your News to the World

Basil “Buzz” Howell Will Hold a Book Signing Session at The 2023 Los Angeles Times Festival of Books

The author’s life story shares his huge success as a computer pioneer in car sales and leasing. But he found himself drinking and tongue-tied. After confessing a lifetime of sins at Our Lady of Angels, Buzz was born again into a life of amazing miracles.

San Diego, CA – WEBWIRE

Basil “Buzz” Howell will sign copies of his book at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books 2023.

Basil “Buzz” Howell will be signing copies of his inspiring Christian book “70 Years of God’s Miracles” and available for chat with fairgoers at the 2023 Los Angeles Times Festival of Books on Sunday April 23, at 11:45am, at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA. The self-publishing and book marketing company ReadersMagnet will host the author’s book signing session at booth 225.

“70 Years of God’s Miracles” recounts the author’s life, culminating in the miraculous moment when he accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Savior in a Catholic church confessional. Along with his 41 years of ministry full of miracles and the salvation of many, he also has 56 years of marriage to his beautiful wife, Esperanza. In the early 1970s in San Jose, CA, the right place and right time led to a 45-year career in the automobile industry, from salesman to minority partner in two dealerships.

Follow Basil “Buzz” Howell’s life from his days as a young man in the Vietnam era military to a role as an innovative member of the expanding automotive industry. He wants this book to make people want to tell everyone that Jesus Christ is “the way, the truth and the life.”

Get a copy of “70 Years of God’s Miracles” by Basil “Buzz” Howell on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

70 Years Of God’s Miracles
Author | Basil “Buzz” Howell
Genre | Christian Inspirational
Publisher | Trilogy Christian Publishers
Published date | October 7, 2021


Basil “Buzz” Howell moved from Rulo, Nebraska to San Jose, California, to meet his father, who was arriving on a ship to Oakland after WWII, on November 8, 1945. It was a miracle, he survived a near fatal strangulation from his alcoholic father at the age of seven, after which his parents divorced. His brother and he spent their childhood summers working hard picking fruit, playing Little League Baseball and swimming at Ryland Park in Santa Clara Valley, which had many orchards. Their adolescence began with Rock and Roll, bowling and playing pool at 4th Street Bowl, where they made many friends. After two years at San Jose City College with a major in business, he had to fulfill National Guard basic training at Fort Ord in Monterey, CA for six months, where he met John Moller, who became a great friend. Unfortunately, their National Guard unit upgraded to A-1, which meant two weekends of training instead of one. His income went down dramatically, and he called John Moller, and he told him to come to Azusa, CA and stay with him and his brother in a home they had just bought. He moved as fast as possible and changed his National Guard unit to Pasadena. During his service in the National Guard, he was later assigned to the riots in Watts.

The move south became a major life-changer because he loved Mexican people and Spanish food. He went to La Tolteca Mexican Restaurant, where he met his future wife, Esperanza Jimenez. She had to be escorted on their dates by her younger sister and smaller brother. After a few months, Espe and he fell in love, and in his heart, he knew she was the one. By July, they decided to drive to Las Vegas to get married. After three flat tires, in the desert heat, it was a miracle they made it to Cupid’s Chapel on July 23, 1966.

They soon prepared for a beautiful baby girl named Charlene Jean, who was born on March 20, 1967. It was a miracle they were able to buy a home, because he didn’t have any money. The Realtor himself loaned them the down payment to buy their first house. In the summer of ‘69, Espe was 7 months pregnant with their son Albert when she was stricken by the Hong Kong flu. Her temperature skyrocketed to 107 degrees, and she was in an oxygen tent for a week, it’s a miracle his wife and unborn son survived when the hallways of the hospital were lined with bodies.

By 1972, he jumped at the chance to use the newly developed computer at the Don Lucas Volvo dealership. Before that they were handwriting contracts. They began leasing cars for $99 down, and $99 a month with miraculous results, which made a fortune for the dealership practically overnight. He soon became a minor partner at Don Lucas Cadillac San Francisco 1974, but it was in 1978 that Espe accepted Jesus Christ at a Catholic Revival meeting in San Jose. He was at his worst with drinking and other women, but Espe went into heavy prayer until he joined her for a prayer meeting a week before Christmas. After confessing a lifetime of sins, he came forth from the confessional glowing with the miracle of his new life in Christ.

In 1984, while on the operating table, his spirit rose above his body and went to heaven. All his senses were heightened, and he experienced the most divine perfection. It was like an orchestra of millions playing in perfect tune. Even though he only spoke English, he could understand every language. It was a disappointment to recover and come back to earth, but he was so grateful to have enjoyed 56 years of marriage to the love of his life, 42 years of ministering God’s love.

( Press Release Image: )


 70years Of God’s Miracles
 Christian Inspirational
 La Times Festival Of Book

This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.

News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.