Deliver Your News to the World

Over 70,000 in grants given in 2020 to combine sport and studies in the USA


WEBWIRE

Through the year 2020, despite the pandemics, the Rafa Nadal Foundation has stood firmly to continue helping young Spaniards to combine their university studies with training and sports competition at a high level. We have offered grants valued at 70,000 through the program Study and Play, thanks to which 20 participants had the opportunity to enter an American University, where college athletics have an important position in society.

We have granted around 100 youngsters since the beginning of the program, giving direct economic aids amounting to 360,000 , as complementary grants to those that the American universities already offer.

This year, 20 students have benefited from these grants: 11 boys and 9 girls. 70% of them are tennis players and the remaining 30% do other sports such as basketball, athletics and football. All of them are currently living their university experience in the USA, mostly pursuing Business or Engineering degrees.

Guillem, one of the grant holders, is combining swimming with his Business studies. This is an amazing experience from which you can only learn positive things and it will surely be very helpful for my future, he explains.


( Press Release Image: https://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/7/267998/267998-1.jpg )


WebWireID267998





This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.

News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.