Deliver Your News to the World

English Maltese Dictionary version 2 launched


An enhanced version of the highly acclaimed online English Maltese Dictionary has been launched today.  The new release can boast of around 15,000 words, nearly 4 times as much as the older version, which can be translated at the touch of a button and the addition of the Maltese font in the translations.
The creator of the English Maltese Dictionary, Ian Vella stated that “The original version was launched back in 2005 and was an impressive feat of technology at the time, although development was constrained due to technical reasons.  After reviewing emails it was evident that the public wanted two main issues resolved, mainly the lack of Maltese fonts and a larger word base.  Both problems were addressed and now the Dictionary has around 4 times as much words as the original and the Maltese font is stable since both Windows and Apple based operating systems are now using a standardized version of the Maltese language font.” He continued by stating that “Improved programming technology meant that the newer version is even faster than the original even tough it has more words in it’s database and the search function is even more powerful and easier to use when compared to the original”
Around 200 people used to visit the older version daily, it is expected that this amount is to keep growing after the re-launch.  85% of visitors come from Malta whilst the remaining 15% come from Australia, the UK and Canada.  One explanation for these foreign visitors may be that Maltese emigrants may be utilizing this site as well.
The Online English to Maltese Dictionary has been featured on international websites and can now be found on


 english maltese
 translate maltese
 english to maltese
 maltese dictionary
 maltese translation

This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.

News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.