Sabanes-Oxley, IT Governance And ISO20000 Among Key Topics Covered At 10th Anniversary ITIL Conference In Las Vegas
Tuesday, January 24, 2006, TORONTO, ON – Understanding Sarbanes-Oxley and preparing for ISO20000 certification will soon be made easier for IT leaders from around the world who are attending the 10th Annual International IT Service Management Conference and Exhibition, presented by Pink Elephant from February 12 – 15, 2006 in Las Vegas.
The underlying theme of this leading industry event is the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®), the world’s most credible approach to IT service management. The majority of the 100 sessions planned for the 10th anniversary conference will help attendees understand how to successfully implement this process-oriented, business focused and fully integrated framework.
Extending past the ‘how’ of ITIL, the conference will further explore why organizations should implement ITIL for reasons beyond the benefits of improved cost savings and more efficient IT operations. In 2006, ITIL will emerge as an increasingly formidable framework to support IT governance worldwide. The conference session, IT Governance, IT Audits & ITIL, will unravel the complexities of Sarbanes-Oxley and its links to ITIL.
Another ITIL-related development that the conference will address is in the area of IT quality standards. A select number of organizations have already earned the British Standard 15000 (BS15000) for adopting ITIL best practices. In 2006, ITIL will become an ISO standard (ISO20000), enabling even more international organizations to earn an IT quality designation. In The Links Between ITIL, Six Sigma, CoBIT & Other Quality Frameworks, attendees will gain a clearer picture of why quality models and frameworks exist, what the differences are between them, and where ITIL fits in.
Other sessions coming to this milestone event include:
* New ITIL – The Next Version: A summary of the work currently underway to update the content of the ITIL books and what IT practitioners can expect in 2006
* The Ten Most Important Things to Consider For Assessing, Selecting & Implementing Tools: Practical guidance about how to choose a truly ITIL-compatible tool-set
* What Every Business Manager Should Know About Organizational Culture: Important considerations for creating culture as a source for sustained competitive advantage
* ITIL Focus Groups: Specially targeted “birds of a feather” discussions for IT professionals in government, finance, pharmaceuticals, utilities, etc.
* ITIL Case Studies: Journeys to ITIL process maturity from Bristol Myers-Squibb, Aliant Telecom, Visa USA, and more
In between conference sessions, attendees will be able to visit the exhibition showcase featuring many vendors, including premium sponsors CA and Peregrine. The 10th Annual International IT Service Management Conference and Exhibition takes place at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas, rated among the world’s top ten hotels. Complete program details are available by calling 1-888-273-PINK.
About Pink Elephant
Pink Elephant is the world leader in IT management best practices, offering solutions to public and private businesses globally, and many listed in the Fortune 500. The Company specializes in improving the quality of IT services through the application of recognized frameworks, including the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark and a Registered Community Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce, and is Registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- Contact Information
- Ann Lamanes
- Assistant Manager, Marketing Services – Communications
- Pink Elephant
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.