UGS Delivers on PLM Vision for Mid-Market – Ships UGS Velocity Series’ Teamcenter Express
Release is the Breakthrough Mid-Market Solution for Cpdm, Delivering Scalable Data Management with Low Total Cost of Ownership
December 20, 2005, PLANO, Texas – UGS Corp., a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, today announced Teamcenter® Express software, its breakthrough mid-market collaborative product data management (cPDM) solution, is shipping to customers worldwide, fulfilling UGS’ Sept. 28, 2005 commitment to bring PLM to the mid-market.
Teamcenter Express helps companies transform their process of innovation by applying preconfigured best practices to everyday engineering tasks and processes. Teamcenter Express is the first mid-market offering to combine industry-proven digital product development with the unparalleled technology of UGS’ Teamcenter® software, the world’s most widely used PLM portfolio and winner of the IndustryWeek magazine’s 2005 Technology of the Year Award.
“Teamcenter Express applies preconfigured industry best practices from UGS’ years of cPDM leadership,” said Barry Dudley, business unit director, UGS Velocity Series Product Development, UGS. “This provides a low total cost of ownership through a framework built for ease of installation, setup, use and support. With this shipment UGS has now delivered on all products announced with its UGS Velocity Series.”
New Product Addresses Critical Mid-market Data Management Needs
Teamcenter Express is part of the new UGS Velocity Series™ portfolio, the industry’s first comprehensive, preconfigured portfolio of digital product design, analysis and data management software for the PLM mid-market. Key advantages include:
* Open Multi-CAD Support: Aligned with UGS’ “Open by Design” strategy, Teamcenter Express manages and synchronizes product information from any major CAD system, including CATIA®, AutoCAD®, Autodesk Inventor and SolidWorks®. Best-in-class integrations are provided with UGS’ Solid Edge® and NX CADTM systems.
* Rapid implementation: Pre-configured cPDM environment enables quick installation of the server and client software components as well as a short learning curve.
* Low cost of ownership: Teamcenter Express has a low initial software and maintenance cost, rapid training and minimal IT setup plus ease of support, contributing to low total cost of ownership..
* Dynamic user interface: State-of-the-art user interface with a dynamic, adaptive layout that will be familiar to users of Microsoft© Outlook™, facilitates easy navigation and dynamic searches.
* Best practice workflows: Powerful pre-configured workflow capabilities include industry best practice workflows for design release and engineering order processes.
* BOM creation and editing: The proven Product Structure Manager (PSM) module enables users to create a product structure view of the CAD assembly, perform manipulations, graphically view and navigate and create BOM reports.
* Built-in reporting: Report wizards guide the user to create standard reports, such product structure/Bill-of-Materials (BOM).
* Teamcenter technology: Built on the world’s most widely used PLM solution, it optionally supports multi-site implementation option and is scalable to the full Teamcenter PLM portfolio as needs grow.
UGS is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with nearly 4 million licensed seats and 46,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, UGS’ vision is to enable a world where organizations and their partners collaborate through global innovation networks to deliver world-class products and services while leveraging UGS’ open enterprise solutions, fulfilling the mission of enabling them to transform their process of innovation.
Note: UGS, Teamcenter, Solid Edge, NX, Velocity Series and Transforming the process of innovation are trademarks or registered trademarks of UGS Corp. or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. Catia is a trademark or registered trademark of Dassault Systemes or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor are trademarks or registered trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. SolidWorks is a trademark or registered trademark of SolidWorks Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. All other trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks belong to their respective holders.
The statements in this news release that are not historical statements, including statements regarding expected benefits of the product, adoption by customers, continued innovation and other statements identified by forward looking terms such as “may,” “will,” “expect,” “plan,” “anticipate” or “project,” are forward-looking statements. These statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements, including, among others, risks relating to developments in the PLM industry, competition, failure to innovate and intellectual property. UGS has included a discussion of these and other pertinent risk factors in its registration statement on Form S-4 most recently filed with the SEC. UGS disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
- Contact Information
- Dora Smith
- UGS Corp.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.