Oracle Delivers PeopleSoft Enterprise Supplier Relationship Management 8.9 and Supply Chain Management 8.9
Latest Release Includes New PeopleSoft Enterprise Supplier Contract Management Module to Help Customers Create and Enforce Better Supplier Contracts
REDWOOD SHORES, CA, 05-OCT-2005 Oracle today unveiled the latest release of PeopleSoft Enterprise Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) 8.9 and PeopleSoft Enterprise Supply Chain Management (SCM) 8.9 delivering on its commitment to support and enhance PeopleSoft product lines. This new release represents a launching plan for Oracle(r) Project Fusion, providing customers with new functionality and a clear path to the next generation of enterprise applications.
“The first phase of SRM focused on creating process efficiencies and highly competitive negotiation markets,” said Tim Minahan, vice president of Global Supply Management Research at The Aberdeen Group. “While effective, early SRM strategies - and systems - failed to provide effective controls for managing supplier contracts and capturing negotiated savings. Now enterprises have set their sights on adopting procedures and systems to ensure compliance and optimizing contract performance. PeopleSoft Enterprise Supplier Contract Management rounds out the PeopleSoft SRM footprint, giving customers a closed-loop platform for managing sourcing and compliance.”
Improve Contract Lifecycle Management and Reduce Supply Management Costs
Customers will benefit from PeopleSoft SRM 8.9 in three ways. First, customers can exploit more savings opportunities by using sourcing optimization and total cost modeling to source from suppliers that provide the best combination of cost, quality, risk and innovation. Second, customers can improve bottom line results by converting negotiated savings into realized savings with Supplier Contract Management. Finally, customers are able to maximize business process effectiveness by leveraging ’built-in’procurement best practices, enjoying greater control over services spending and broader adoption via simplified requisitioning.
At the heart of Oracle’s PeopleSoft SRM 8.9 is PeopleSoft Supplier Contract Management, the enterprise application that enables customers to create and enforce better supplier contracts. Customers can standardize contract processes, reduce time-to-contract and drive contract compliance. Organizations can standardize contract processes across the enterprise by leveraging a centralized clause library, authoring tools and comprehensive contract policies. Organizations can lower risk by reducing time to contract with flexible workflow, formal amendment processing and parallel negotiation of legal and commercial terms. Finally, organizations can enforce contract compliance throughout the procure-to-pay process via a centralized contract repository, full visibility into all contract terms and integration of supplier contracts throughout the procure-to-pay process. Features of the new PeopleSoft Supplier Contract Management application include:
* Centralized Terms Library - Provides legal departments and buying organizations with the ability to create, maintain and reuse standard contract components;
* Contract Authoring - Automated configurations and interactive wizards ask questions to produce highly tailored contracts that are standards compliant by automatically adding clauses based on provided information;
* Agreement Management - Allows users to define and track specific internal and external deliverables as well as create automated notifications that inform buyers and suppliers of agreement activity;
* PeopleSoft Enterprise SRM 8.9 Integration - Contract documents are linked to transactional contracts executed by PeopleSoft Enterprise Purchasing to enforce preferred vendor’s prices and terms; and
* Native Microsoft Word Integration - Enables offline redlining and the insertion of standard clauses from the centralized library while still maintaining version control and a complete audit trail.
Enhanced Industry Functionality to Improve Business Processes
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM 8.9 contains many significant enhancements focused around deepening industry functionality. Industry enhancements built on best practices help organizations automate end-to-end business processes and better respond to changing customer demands against fulfillment operations. Oracle has invested in PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM 8.9 to help improve implementations, operations, upgrades and usability of the applications, in an effort to provide customers with a superior ownership experience. The defined installation, configuration and integration path for PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM 8.9 will ease management across the entire lifecycle of the application.
Additional new features of the PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM 8.9 release include:
* Fulfillment Inventory Engine - PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM 8.9 offers a re-architected inventory fulfillment engine to help reduce processing time from minutes to seconds, expedite order handling and provide users maximum flexibility to streamline operations;
* Wholesale Distribution - Oracle has added significant new functionality to help wholesale distributors better manage supplier rebates and commissions, manage the “Claimback” contract process, search for alternate suppliers and offer the ability to sell direct to consumers;
* Sourcing Optimization and Total Cost Modeling - PeopleSoft Enterprise Strategic Sourcing 8.9 allows users to apply sourcing polices and constraints to supplier bids and use total cost models that monetize and factor-in hidden costs;
* Capture More Services Spend - Enhancements to PeopleSoft Enterprise Services Procurement 8.9 enables greater control and oversight for services spending with more process flexibility, additional global capabilities and tighter integration to PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Capital Management;
* Accelerated Self-Service Adoption - PeopleSoft Enterprise eProcurement 8.9’s new simplified, 3-step requisition makes the requisition process quick and easy. Enhanced usability such as adding expandable lines, requisition summary pages, and mass approvals-including email based approval; results in a more efficient approval process and more information in less clicks; and
* Procure-to-Pay Best Practice Automation - PeopleSoft Enterprise Purchasing 8.9 can increase procurement processes effectiveness with the addition of capabilities such as managing and processing vendor rebates, effective dated item units of measure, order multiples and greater use of purchase cards.
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM 8.9 and PeopleSoft SRM 8.9 are currently available.
Oracle, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, and Retek are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #
The above is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle.
- Contact Information
- Jessica Epple
- Press Contact
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.