Deliver Your News to the World

Intellect Inc. Signs MOU on 06 Dec 2004 With


WEBWIRE

For Setting Up Of Semiconductor Manufacturing - Silicon Wafer Fab Facility In Andhra Pradesh, India.

Intellect Inc., Seoul, Korea, represented by its Chairman, Dr. June Min., entered a Memorandum of Understanding with Government of Andhra Pradesh, for setting up of a Semiconductor FAB manufacturing unit in Andhra Pradesh. Dr.J.C.Mohanty, IAS, Principal Secretary to Government of Andhra Pradesh, Information Technology & Communications Department signed the MOU on behalf of the Government of Andhra Pradesh in the August presence of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.

It is proposed to develop a business plan to build initially, a, logic semiconductor fab, which will have a capacity of 30,000 wafer start per month and will start with 0.35ىm(sub micron) 3 and/or 4 metal layers 10,000 wafer start per month and then will be extended to 0.25ىm (sub micron) 5 metal layers 20,000 wafer start per month. The mega fab will be operated under a shared fab initiative. The semiconductor manufacturing company will establish technology partners and captive customers by allocating up to 60% of the fab capacity. The remaining 40% of the fab capacity will be offered for shared fab capacity. It is estimated that the project would be at a total investment of US$ 600 millions.

The Government of Andhra Pradesh will provide the necessary infrastructure of land, industrial water and high quality power to be located near the Hardware Park closer to the new Hyderabad International Airport.

Intellect Inc. selected Andhra Pradesh after making preliminary assessment of locations in other States. The project is expected to generate large benefits to the economy being the mother industry in basic electronic chip manufacturing. It is bound to develop other related industry including the design industry, ancillary SMEs (Small & Medium Enterprises), attracting end product manufacturing companies and soci-economic development of the area in particular.

-End-

For more information, please contact:
Ajay Rajguru
BIZCOM
T: +97150 6242305
Email: arajguru@yahoo.com



WebWireID453





This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.

News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.