NXP Introduces Innovative Solutions Powering Secure Connections for a Smarter World at Electronica 2014
Announcing new dual PCB configurable logic devices and demoing the latest solutions for automotive, NFC and ultra-low power microcontrollers
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI), an innovator at the forefront of designing and manufacturing solutions that enable secure connections for a smarter world has announced that it will introduce and demonstrate new solutions and share the latest product updates at the Electronica International trade show held in Munich, Germany from November 11-14, 2014, (hall A4-524).
Whether the solution is designed for mobile phones, the connected car, internet of things (IoT) or within the portable and wearable domain, NXP Semiconductors is playing a major role in this evolution, powering the technology that enables secure connections for a smarter, inter-connected world.
New solutions and demonstrations from NXP at Electronica 2014 include:
Dual PCB configurable logic
- Industry’s first dual PCB configurable multi gate, multi-function logic devices
- Two configurable gates that can each be individually configured by the PCB layout into one of seven unique functions
- Learn how to configure up to 81 different combinations with one multi-gate, multi-function logic device, reducing bill of materials and increasing overall design flexibility in a number of industries
- Configurable logic product info: http://www.nxp.com/products/logic/gates/configurable_gates/
‘Communicating Cars’ kick off
- Kick off and ITS networking event on November 11th at 2 p.m. at the NXP booth: Kurt Sievers, EVP General Manager Automotive at NXP, will launch the ‘Communicating Cars’ showcase together with Thilo Jourdan, Head of Siemens Mobility Division in Germany, Sven Leonhardt Department Manager for Functions and Material Technologies at Honda R&D Europe, Frans op de Beek, Chairman Amsterdam Group, and other showcase partners.
- Live demonstrations on November 11 &12 of V2X technology (Vehicle-to-Vehicle and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure communications) together with Siemens and Honda on the roads around the Munich trade show center
- Visitors to the NXP booth can experience how cars can interact with each other and with surrounding infrastructure to exchange warning and traffic messages.
- Automotive product info: SAF5100 software-defined radio processor
- Automotive product info: TEF510x, a dual-radio, multi-band RF transceiver
Balancing power consumption and increasing sensor density
- Industry’s most power efficient microcontroller series for always on, sensor processing, LPC54100
- Helps manufactures effectively monitor, aggregate and process data from the increasing amount of sensors in devices, saving up to 20 percent more power than other solutions
- LPC54100 product Info: http://www.nxp.com/LPC54100
- ZigBee Light Link and Home Automation lighting and home controls using JN516x wireless microcontroller
- Introducing new bulb reference designs using NXP patented Sensorless Sensing technology to manage colour gamut across the different bulbs, maximizing lumen output and significantly reducing the calibration time during production. Demos will include:
* White and dimmable white bulbs recently ZLL certified from Leedarson
* Tunable and colour changeable tunable white
* RGB bulb reference design
- Easy and secure out-of-band commissioning of ZigBee wireless networks with NFC technology
* Live demo of a home climate control system based on ZigBee Home Automation
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) creates solutions that enable secure connections for a smarter world. Building on its expertise in High Performance Mixed Signal electronics, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, identification and mobile industries, and in application areas including wireless infrastructure, lighting, healthcare, industrial, consumer tech and computing. NXP has operations in more than 25 countries, and posted revenue of $4.82 billion in 2013. Find out more at www.nxp.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.