EMC World Draws Record Gathering of Customers and Partners
Conference Immerses More Than 4,000 EMC Customers and Partners in Engineering Expertise and Best Practices For Driving ILM Strategies, Maximizing Value of Information, and Improving Service Levels
BOSTON, Mass.-Wednesday, April 26, 2006, EMC Corporation, the world leader in information management and storage, announced today that a record number of customers and partners are attending EMC World, the sixth annual EMC Technology Summit. The ultimate technical users’ conference on information infrastructure, EMC World provides more than 4,000 EMC customers and partners from more than 60 countries with unparalleled access to EMC engineers, developers, product managers and technical experts, through more than 300 technical sessions and hands-on workshops. The four-day conference is being held through Thursday, April 27, at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC) in Boston, Mass.
In his keynote address to open the conference on Monday, Joe Tucci, EMC’s Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, described the ever-changing technology landscape that IT professionals and vendors are navigating. “We are continually innovating and refreshing our portfolio of products and services to offer you solutions that better capture, manage, move, archive, secure and protect all of your information. While we’ve made significant investments in R&D, partnered with other leading technology providers, and acquired some of the hottest software companies in the world over the last few years, we’re far from done. We will always strive to deliver the solutions and services you need to simplify your information infrastructure, to lower your total cost of ownership and to continually raise the bar on the quality of your experience using our products.”
Highlights from this year’s EMC Technology Summit at EMC World include:
* Keynote presentations on Building Smarter, Simpler Information Infrastructures for ILM
* The introduction of EMC Smarts™ Storage Insight for Availability model-based software, which integrates with EMC ControlCenter® to automate root-cause and impact analysis across the Fibre Channel SAN
* The introduction of EMC Smarts Application Discovery Manager software, to automatically discover and map the complex application infrastructure
* The introduction of EMC’s comprehensive, information-centric approach to securing critical data, as well as new security services designed to help customers assess their current state of information security and deploy safeguards to secure their sensitive data while meeting regulatory and compliance mandates
* The introduction of a new EMC Connectrix® MDS 9513 Director to enable massive SAN consolidation by scaling to 528 ports
EMC invests in this summit not only to offer customers insight into EMC’s technology, but to enable EMC and its strategic partners to more fully understand customers’ business objectives and technical requirements to design and develop tomorrow’s offerings. EMC Technology Summit Diamond Sponsors include EDS, Microsoft and Oracle. These sponsors will join more than 70 other EMC partner companies, who will be highlighting and demonstrating their technology to attendees.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world leader in products, services, and solutions for information management and storage that help organizations extract the maximum value from their information, at the lowest total cost, across every point in the information lifecycle. Information about EMC’s products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
For more on EMC news, events, and recent media coverage visit the news section of EMC.com. Note to editors: For further information about this release contact EMC Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Contact Information
- Patrick Cooley
- Press Contact
- EMC Corporation
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.