Gartner Accepting Nominations for Inaugural Business Process Management Excellence Awards
Winners to Be Announced at Gartner BPM Summit in Orlando, Florida, October 5-7
STAMFORD, Conn. — Gartner, Inc. is accepting nominations for its inaugural Business Process Management (BPM) Excellence Awards. Nominations will be accepted through July 15, 2009 via an online entry form from any end-user organization that has implemented a BPM program or project with resulting business impact.
Enterprises are invited to enter and work within a case study framework to describe their BPM project and why it demonstrates the value of BPM. A team of Gartner analysts will evaluate and select three winners based on astrategic framework developed by Gartner to help companies maximize the probability of success. The five layers of the framework include:
* Building the BPM Competency — Sustaining BPM in an organization requires building the competency and having a vision about how BPM will function within the enterprise. This will help create enterprise adoption.
* Furthering BPM as a Discipline — Spreading the benefits of BPM on a large scale requires demonstrating success and reinvesting returns in deepening the level of process improvement habits and skills.
* Leveraging BPM Technology — While process improvement is not solely dependent on BPM technology, many implementations utilize BPM technologies.
* Attaining BPM Metrics and Performance — The bottom line for process improvement is surrounded by solid goals and metrics to measure end to end process improvement, as well as functional excellence.
* Delivering Innovative Solutions — Many organizations leverage process improvement for cost cutting and this is a staple for continued existence; however the best processes exhibit innovation for organizations and constituents.
Preference will be given to solutions that go beyond workflow or automation of manual activities. Those that involve true process innovation and new business models will be judged more favorably.
Three winners will be selected and asked to present their BPM success story to conference attendees at the Gartner BPM Summit taking place October 5-7, 2009 in Orlando, Florida. The winners will be announced on or before Wednesday, August 26, 2009.
More information on the Gartner BPM Excellence Awards and the online entry forms are available at http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=911413&tab=special¶ms=pg,zzz.html or on the Gartner BPM Summit Web site at www.gartner.com/us/bpm. The deadline for submissions is July 15, 2009.
About the Gartner Business Process Management Summit
The Gartner Business Process Management Summit 2009 offers the latest insight on creating and sustaining an agile process-powered organization. This Summit will deliver actionable insights to help companies through today’s economic pressures and will showcase the latest process management strategies, implementation tactics and leading technologies to place a company in a stronger position to come out ahead. Additional information is available at www.gartner.com/us/bpm. Members of the media can register by sending an e-mail to Christy Pettey at email@example.com.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, Gartner is the indispensable partner to 60,000 clients in 10,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, Gartner works with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has 4,000 associates, including 1,200 research analysts and consultants in 80 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.