Agilent Technologies Announces Finalists for Early Career Professor Award
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced it has selected five university professors as finalists for its Agilent Early Career Professor Award, launched this year to promote and encourage excellence in measurement research. The award, to be presented annually, seeks to establish strong collaborative relationships between Agilent researchers and leading professors early in their careers, as well as to underscore Agilent’s role as a sponsor of university research.
Eighty-three nominations were received from universities throughout the world for the award. Agilent selected finalists based on factors including a professor’s significant original research contributions enabling measurements of global importance, and outstanding potential for future research.
The five finalists are:
* Jay Groves, associate professor of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, USA
* Boris Murmann, assistant professor of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, USA
* Ali Niknejad, associate professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, USA
* Thomas Perkins, assistant professor of Molecular Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, USA
* Ulrich Tallarek, professor of Chemistry, Phillips-Universit�t Marburg, Germany
Agilent will announce the winner of the Early Career Professor Award by April 30, 2009. The winner will receive an unrestricted research award of $50,000 per year for two years. More details are available on the Agilent University Relations Web site at www.agilent.com/univ_relation/profaward/index.shtml.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world’s premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company’s 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.8 billion in fiscal 2008. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.