Compass Intelligence Releases New Reports on Activated Tablet Sales, Smartphones & Wearable Devices
The reports provide a detailed analysis of U.S. Carrier metrics, subscribers & connections.
Strategy acceleration firm, Compass Intelligence released its latest series of reports in the Mobility & Wireless research track. This includes:
This tablet report provides a detailed analysis of total activated tablets broken out by carrier and breakdown by account type (Corporate Liable, Business Individual Liable and Consumer). The report includes historic data going back to 2012 and projections for B2B activated tablets though 2018.
The End of Year Carrier results report includes Total Connections, Total Subscribers, Total Smartphone Subscribers, Total Service Revenue and Total Wholesale Subscribers, Postpaid subscribers, Prepaid Subscribers, Smartphones, Feature Phones, Tablets and more from the last three years (4Q2012 thru 4Q2014).
All the reports track the year end performance of Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. The End of Year Carrier Results report also includes U.S. Cellular and Others.
Key Findings from the Tablet Report
- Total tablet activations for the Top 4 carriers exceeded 19 million by end of the year 2014.
- Mobile share plans and aggressive data pricing plans launched in 2014 are also driving activated tablet growth.
- In 2014, Compass Intelligence witnessed a significant uptick in activated tablets, increasing our overall outlook beyond 2014.
- Close to ubiquitous LTE connectivity, also drives growth with B2B accounts
Key Findings from the End of Year Carrier Results Report
- Total smartphones reached over 231 million at the end of 4Q 2014. Verizon leads the market while T-Mobile climbs to #3 in the U.S over Sprint with its strong 2014 performance.
- Pricing wars and new device launches made 4Q 2014 one of the most competitive quarters to date. Some carriers are starting to see higher churn and lower ARPU and revenue as a result.
- Tablet activations continued on the upward growth trajectory. The industry ended 3Q 2014 with about 16.4 million activated tablets and this quarter that number grew to over 19.8M.
These reports are part of Compass Intelligence’s Mobility & Wireless Research Track. To purchase these reports or learn more about getting access to the Mobility & Wireless Research track, please contact Kate Pearce, Director of Mobility & Wireless Research at firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 634-6874.
Compass Intelligence is proud to announce that Go Mobile 2015 conference will be held again in Dallas TX at the Highland Dallas from November 11-13, 2015. View our news release.
About Compass Intelligence
Compass Intelligence, a market analytics and consulting firm, specializes in deep-level market segmentation and actionable research for the high-tech and telecom industries while delivering metrics-driven intelligence and insights. Compass Intelligence provides executive insights, market sizing/modeling, competitive analysis, strategic consulting, and expert recommendations on multiple markets. Visit us at http://www.compassintelligence.com. Follow Compass Intelligence on Twitter at @CompassIntel.
Visit our sister websites www.ne2ne.com for the latest M2M & IoT news and www.bamboo-mobile.com for Reuse & Recycling news.
( Press Release Image: http://photos.webwire.com/prmedia/3/196684/196684-1.jpg )
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.