Synovate initiates ’From Now to Wow’
9 August 2006, CHICAGO — Synovate today launched a major initiative to promote growth and better align the company with the needs of global clients.
Called ’From Now to Wow’, the programme will apply across all business units, support services and operations.
Synovate Global CEO, Adrian Chedore, said that while Synovate was meeting performance expectations, the company’s rapid growth merited a re-think of the structure.
"Synovate has outperformed its competitors over the past two years and obviously that’s a trend we would like to continue. We have doubled in size in just three years, so the ’From Now to Wow’ programme will ensure we update our structure to match both our size and the increasingly global nature of our business.
"Specifically, we will be making changes on three fronts. First, we will move from a regional structure – something that has served us well to date – to one of Strategic Units. Strategic Units will be smaller business unit groupings, structured to optimise our effectiveness, experiences and learnings.
"Second, our functional teams in areas such as IT, Marketing, HR, Finance and Operations will become globally focused – enabling greater efficiencies, enhanced communication and ultimately even better service for our clients.
"And third, we have set up a more nimble structure for senior management decision-making through focussed leadership teams.
“The goal for Synovate is to establish the best model for our clients and staff – and the best model for sustained growth and profitability,” he said.
Synovate’s new Strategic Unit structure has the following leadership:
* Northern Europe will be led by Peter Huijboom, who also remains the CEO, Global Client Relationships
* Southern Europe will be led by Ged Parton, who also remains the Head of the Brand & Communications practice
* United Kingdom will be led by Peter Chopra, who also remains the Chief Financial Officer
* Asia will be led by Tim Balbirnie, currently CEO, Asia Pacific
* Australia / New Zealand will be led by Brent Stewart, currently head of Synovate’s Australian operation
* Central/Eastern Europe, and the Middle East will be led by Nicos Rossides, currently CEO, Central/Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa
* Africa will be led by Albert McLean, currently COO Africa
* North America will be led by CEO Robert Skolnick, as recently announced
* Latin America will be led by EVP Ignacio Galceran
There will be little change to the global Practice leadership within Synovate.
Mr Chedore added that the new structure would see several people in roles that spanned Strategic Unit, Practice and functional responsibilities.
“Our emphasis is on operating as one company – international, integrated and innovative – and this mix of responsibilities will help ensure we achieve this,” he said.
The launch of the ’From Now to Wow’ programme signals the beginning of an ongoing process.
“Synovate will continue to evolve and we anticipate emerging as an even stronger competitor in the global research marketplace. This is all about building on the strengths we have now and taking them to the next level,” Mr Chedore said.
Synovate, the market research arm of Aegis Group plc, generates consumer insights that drive competitive marketing solutions. The network provides clients with cohesive global support and a comprehensive suite of research solutions. Synovate employs over 5,500 staff in 108 cities across 50 countries.
For more information on Synovate visit www.synovate.com.
- Contact Information
- Alicia Kan
- Global Communications Director
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.