GE Power Conversion Experts Energize Your Potential at Kormarine 2013
• GE’s Experts are on Hand to Explain the Latest in Technological Advancements That Power, Propel and Position Today’s Vessels
• Global Yet Local, GE’s Teams are There When You Need It
• GE is Listening, Collaborating and Electrifying the Marine Industry
PARIS — High waves splash against the ship as the wind whistles around you, and lightening pierces the sky only to be followed by the hot, burning sun and days of dry heat on a quiet ocean. These are the just some of the conditions a mariner faces. Therefore, it is important that the ship’s crew can rely on the technology of the ship.
GE Power Conversion (NYSE: GE) knows what it is all about in the marine industry and provides innovative and robust solutions to face today’s and tomorrow’s challenges. Improved performance, efficiency and sustainability all figure strongly in the new solutions that the company is showcasing at booth 3J09 at Kormarine 2013, the international marine, shipbuilding and offshore exhibition taking place in Busan, Korea, on October 22-25.
“We are pleased to highlight our innovative technologies at this year’s show,” said Mr. SB Ahn, global growth offshore marine leader, GE Power Conversion, Korea. “The introduction of GE’s latest innovative technologies demonstrates its continued commitment to delivering cutting-edge solutions to the marine industry.”
Advanced innovations that the company will display include:
• GE’s new Dynamic Positioning (DP) system—An example of smart engineering that puts the control back with the mariner by allowing the operator to stay focused through a simple, intuitive computer interface. The new DP technology also is part of GE’s ecomagination portfolio.
• GE Power Conversion’s Inovelis—Launched this year, Inovelis is the latest in jet-podded thruster technology. Its unique design improves fuel efficiency and overall propulsion system performance. The technology excels in transit and DP modes.
• GE’s Variable Frequency-Active Front End (VF-AFE) Drive—The VF-AFE drive optimizes engine speed while reducing fuel consumption and lowering emissions.
• GE’s Visor Asset Management System—Announced this year, the Visor Asset Management system provides data management, analysis and advanced diagnostic capabilities on the fleet level.
“GE’s advantage is that we offer a complete, innovative marine solution. We look at the whole ship so that there will be perfect harmony with the integrated systems that allows vessels to achieve operational efficiency,” concludes SB Ahn.
About GE Power Conversion
GE’s Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electrification of the world’s energy infrastructure by designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today’s industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. Serving specialized sectors such as energy, marine, oil and gas, renewables and industry, through customized solutions and advanced technologies, GE Power Conversion partners with customers to maximize efficiency. To learn more, please visit: www.gepowerconversion.com.
Follow GE’s Power Conversion business on Twitter @GE_PowerConvers
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ge.com.
Follow GE’s Energy Management business on Twitter @GE_EnergyMgmt.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.