When Heartburn Becomes Dangerous: The Dramatic Rise of GERD and Esophageal Cancer. Free Book Offers Hope and Answers.
September 12, 2012, Antioch CA,. According to a 2011 study 1 out of 4 people are now afflicted with GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) and esophageal cancer, a severe complication of the disease, has become the fastest growing cancer diagnosis in the United States. And to make matters worse most patients who have GERD rarely speak about it with their physician according to research findings of the American Gastroenterological Association.
To meet the needs of people looking ways to prevent and treat GERD, wellness writer and author Howard VanEs has just released a new book which will be given away free on Amazon Saturday September 22, 2012 and Sunday September 22, 2012. The title of the book is GERD and Acid Reflux Solutions, Your guide to prevention, treatment, cures, & relief! The book can be accessed on Amazon using the following link: http://tinyurl.com/9k79z64
Once dismissed as heartburn or indigestion, GERD can be the cause of significant distress for sufferers on multiple levels and can lead to costly and dramatic complications and treatments. If left untreated acid reflux disease can be the ultimate cause of serious health problems including ulcers, bleeding, and esophageal cancer.
GERD is a condition that develops when the contents of the stomach leak backwards into the esophagus causing troublesome symptoms or complications. More specifically, it is the acid from the stomach that is or “refluxed” up the throat, causing the most common symptom which is heartburn.
Other symptoms associated with GERD include unexplained chest pain particularly at night, excessive burping and belching, sleeping problems, abdominal pain, unexplained weight loss and more. Individuals that are dealing with the physical symptoms of GERD may also lack the joy of eating, socializing, and face economic hardship due to lost days of work and medical bills.
While anyone young or old can develop GERD, those who are most likely to develop the disease possess one or more of the following risk factors:
- Overweight or obese
- White males over 50
- Heavy smokers and drinkers
- Those who have a lot of stress in their lives
- Pregnant women (The condition usually resolves itself after pregnancy.)
VanEs’s new book explains why GERD has become so prevalent, provides a clear understanding of what is happening inside the body when GERD is present, and gives the reader insight and tools to prevent, reverse, and manage this illness so they can feel good again.
In GERD & Acid Reflux Solutions readers will discover:
- How to identify risk factors & warning signs to take charge of their health before complications arise.
- Effective prevention strategies.
- How to significantly reduce or eliminate symptoms of GERD with natural alternative treatments such as herbs & supplements as well as easy to make lifestyle adjustments.
- Medical interventions: Prescription and non-prescription medications - how they work and their side effects. And if needed, surgical options are also discussed.
- Which foods aggravate GERD, and which foods are soothing and improve digestion, along with sample recipes that are healthy, delicious and soothing.
- Contact Information
- Howard VanEs
- Books on Health
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.