Epson Launches Sales of New Line of SCARA Robots for Industry
The new LS series is ideal for automating high-efficiency assembly, transfer, and other operations
TOKYO, Japan - Seiko Epson Corporation (“Epson”, TSE: 6724) today announced the market launch of the new LS series of industrial SCARA robots.
Labor shortages and the need for greater production efficiency and stable quality in emerging nations that volume-produce the vast majority of smartphones, electronic automotive components, and other small electronic gear have combined to cause industrial robot demand to skyrocket among companies looking to significantly boost throughput.
Responding to these needs, Epson, the world leader*1 in SCARA robots for industrial applications, added the new LS series designed to make light of heavy manual work. By introducing the LS series, users can now maintain high-efficiency assembly, transfer, alignment, and placement operations, reduce personnel requirements, and achieve consistent quality.
Main features and advantages of the robots in the LS Series
1. LS3 SCARA robots
* These robots offer vaunted Epson performance and compact design at an attractive price. This basic model is particularly suitable for first-time robot users.
* Epson’s original Smart Motion Control technology*2 enables smart, rapid operations at high-speed and with low reaction and vibration.
* The 400-mm length of the arm enables the robot to cover an area equivalent to that used for manual assembly work, enabling smooth integration for transfer and assembly work.
2. Dedicated RC90 controller
* All cables and interfaces are provided on the front of the controller, facilitating easy setup and maintenance.
* The controller allows the robot’s error history, settings, and other information to be saved quickly and easily simply by plugging a USB memory device into a port and pressing a button on the controller.
Epson sees the commercial and industrial sector, as well as emerging economies, as important growth markets. Going forward, Epson will continue to introduce products that meet the needs of the market, strengthen local customer support, and work even harder to meet customers’ growing expectations.
*1 Epson recorded the industry’s highest revenue from shipments of industrial SCARA robots in 2010 (according to Fuji Keizai’s 2011 research report about the current and future situation in the global robot market).
*2 Smart Motion Control technology: New acceleration/deceleration tuning and other original Epson robot control technologies that optimize robot motion (straight and arcing motions, and motion when carrying heavy loads) by enabling high speed while achieving low vibration
See the following for specifications of the LS3 SCARA robots and the dedicated RC90 controller PDF (57KB)
For more details about our industrial robots, click on the links below:
Epson Robots (USA)
Epson Europe Factory Automation
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that is dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a product lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 75,000 employees in 100 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.