EMC Leads External Disk Storage Systems Market for 14th Consecutive Year and Gains Market Share, Analyst Firm Reports
HOPKINTON, Mass. - EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, remains the top provider of external disk storage systems for the 14th consecutive year in factory revenue, according to the latest IDC Worldwide Quarterly Disk Storage Systems Tracker, March 2011. EMC® gained share in all of the major markets it serves and has delivered a wide range of new technologies to address the growing markets for virtualization, next generation backup, cloud computing and big data.
* According to the IDC Worldwide Quarterly Disk Storage Systems Tracker (March 2011), EMC holds the number one position in revenue and terabytes shipped in the external disk storage systems market for 2010. EMC maintained its worldwide lead in the external RAID, total open networked storage (NAS combined with Open/iSCSI SAN), open Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) markets.
* According to IDC, this is the 14th consecutive year EMC has led the external disk storage systems market in terms of both revenue and terabytes shipped.
* In the NAS market, EMC extended its number one position in 2010 by growing significantly faster than the market on a year-over-year basis, according to the IDC Worldwide Quarterly Disk Storage Systems Tracker (March 2011).
* The market share gains were the result of global customer acceptance of EMC’s wide range of storage technologies. EMC has the most comprehensive and current storage product line available and in 2010 invested more than $2 billion in research and development. In addition, EMC invested substantially to expand its channel ecosystem and internal sales infrastructure.
* In January 2011, EMC further extended its technology leadership with the largest product introduction in storage industry history, unveiling more than 40 new products and technologies addressing the fastest growing areas of the industry, including big data and cloud computing.
“EMC continues to lead the market because customers and partners believe in our strategy, vision and ability to execute. The technology innovations and investments EMC made in 2010 are clearly being embraced by customers on their journey to the cloud,” said Pat Gelsinger, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure Products. “We entered 2011 putting even greater distance between ourselves and our competitors across our storage portfolio with the new EMC VNX® family of unified storage systems, new and enhanced products in our backup and archiving portfolio, and powerful new software offerings for our flagship VMAX™ storage system. As customers continue to virtualize their data centers and standardize their consolidated environments onto a small number of trusted vendors, we believe EMC stands out as a best-of-breed and best VMware-integrated information infrastructure provider.”
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world’s leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC’s products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, VMAX and VNX are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. VMware is a registered trademark or trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.