Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 to Feature New Business Intelligence Capabilities and Build on Customer Success
Customers flocking to Microsoft Dynamics GP to save money and derive long-term value.
REDMOND, Wash. - Following the successful launch of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq “MSFT”) announced that the upcoming release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 will provide midsize customers with new contextual business intelligence capabilities and additional ease-of-use features that make actionable information more accessible than before to people across an organization.
The Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 update expands key areas of investment for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, including the following:
• Enhancing insight into role-specific information through an improved user interface and personalized dashboards, quickly delivering information that’s relevant to the actions people are taking or the information they are viewing
• Making it easier to complete tasks with improved approval workflow and electronic signature capabilities, helping people save time while managing compliance and helping to reduce fraud
• Extending connections through Fact Boxes and Action Shortcuts, which are now connected with Microsoft Lync 2010 instant messaging windows, bringing information about the people who are chatting and their companies to the user’s fingertips
“We have seen unprecedented momentum for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, having recently added more new customers in one quarter than any previous quarter in the history of the solution,” said Crispin Read, general manager, Microsoft Dynamics ERP Product Management Group. “Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 delivers on our ongoing commitment to provide customers with long-term value and the ability to make quicker decisions by presenting intelligence that’s directly relevant to their job.”
Companies using Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 have experienced tangible benefits. As an example, Primo Water Corp. experienced the following:
• A savings of approximately $300,000 in consulting costs as a direct result of the significantly reduced need for customizations
• A savings of approximately $200,000 in time and labor as a result of more streamlined business processes
• A savings of $35,000 in legal and audit expenses because of tighter control of business functions
• A 29 percent improvement in invoice accuracy with faster and easier visibility into inventory positions, checks and balances
• More environmentally minded business practices as a result of paperless invoices, further saving the company almost $5 per invoice in postage fees
“Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 is delivering huge opportunity for our business by providing the ability to drill down into details from the home page using configurable dashboard metrics,” said George Mackiewicz, president, CAL Business Solutions Inc. “The fact that Microsoft is continuing to provide further innovation for the solution on a regular basis makes it an even easier choice for customers.”
Details of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2, which is scheduled for general availability in the first half of 2011, will be presented at a technical conference in Fargo, N.D., March 1–3, 2011; partners are encouraged to register at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/fargodeveloperconference.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 will also be available in French Canadian and Latin American Spanish versions later this month. More information about Microsoft Dynamics GP is available at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/gp.
About Microsoft Dynamics
Microsoft Dynamics is a line of simple to learn and use ERP and CRM solutions that work with your existing technology and scale as you grow to give you long-term value. By using software and online services that work the way people and organizations work, businesses are better able to make informed decisions and adapt to rapid change. Microsoft Dynamics helps your people be more productive and your investments in existing systems last longer, while enabling your business to derive the insights necessary to respond quickly and have a competitive edge in an ever-changing world of business.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft News Center at http://www.microsoft.com/news. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/news/contactpr.mspx.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.