(ISC)2® Announces Expanded Security Scholarship Program
(ISC)2® (“ISC-squared”), the world’s largest information security professional body and administrators of the CISSP®, today announced an expanded version of its Information Security Scholarship Program, with most applications due by Oct. 31.
Available to those actively pursuing full-time, post-graduate studies and research in information security as well as faculty at regionally accredited academic institutions around the world, the program now offers more than 35 opportunities worth a total of up to US$100,000.
There are now four categories of grants:
• Travel Grants for Research Presented at Conferences – (ISC)² will provide travel grants for qualifying scholarship recipients to present their research papers at information security conferences (up to US$3,000 per recipient);
• Faculty Certification Exam Vouchers – To encourage more academic participation in the profession and the certification process, (ISC)² will grant vouchers valid for one CISSP or CSSLP® exam and, upon certification, the first year of annual maintenance fees to qualifying faculty members;
• Graduate Research Project(s) – These are granted to qualifying junior faculty members and doctoral students conducting research of significance to the industry and society (up to US$3,000 per recipient); and
• Graduate Research Equipment Grant – (ISC)² will grant one qualifying full-time Ph.D. student or a faculty/academic staff member up to US$30,000 within their first five years of graduation to fund purchase of equipment for their university required to establish a lab for significant research.
“(ISC)² is committed to advancing the information security profession and fostering the next generation of information security professionals,” said Diana-Lynn Contesti, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, CSSLP, SSCP, chairperson of the Board of Directors of (ISC)². “The (ISC)² Information Security Scholarship Program supports valuable research that will help make the cyber world a safer place for everyone.”
Application for the grants above, minus the travel grants, must be received by Oct. 31, 2010. Applications for travel awards must be postmarked more than 60 days prior to the event.
© 2010, (ISC)² Inc. (ISC)², CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, and CSSLP, CAP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks of (ISC)², Inc.
- Contact Information
- Mike Kilroy
- VP/Account Management
- Maples Communications, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.