Kodak Features Unified Workflow for End-to-End Integration of Business, Production, and Color for the Graphic Communications Market
End-to-end solutions build a keystone for customers to grow revenues
ROCHESTER, NY, April 6 -- Visitors to Kodak’s IPEX stand, D70, in Hall 5 will learn how a KODAK Unified Workflow solution establishes a platform for increasing revenue opportunities, expanding service offerings, and enhancing operational efficiencies.
KODAK Unified Workflow solutions are targeted at providing an end-to-end digital infrastructure for conventional and digital printing that integrates business, production, and color workflows, using innovative software tools, open standards and intelligent automation. The first implementation of KODAK Unified Workflow solutions is aimed at the commercial print segment.
“To remain competitive, printers today must make fundamental changes in the way they think about their businesses. Making the transition from manufacturing printed materials to providing marketing services, producing more complex and color intensive materials, and adding new capabilities are just a few hallmarks of this exciting evolution,” said Jim Langley, President of Kodak’s Graphic Communications Group and Senior Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company. “As a technology innovator, Kodak has the vision of how unified workflow solutions can help print providers achieve success.”
About KODAK Unified Workflow Solutions
A KODAK Unified Workflow solution is a scaleable, modular solution that allows printers to more effectively and efficiently respond to increasingly complex print specifications. It enables printers to incorporate and manage the devices and software systems needed to streamline prepress processes and maximize production capabilities and to improve productivity, increase efficiency and optimize resource utilization. It also creates a foundation for sales growth by providing the tools customers need to differentiate their business and deliver greater value to clients through new services.
The open architecture of a KODAK Unified Workflow solution, featuring support for industry technology standards (such as JDF, PDF and ICC) and industry initiatives like NETWORKED GRAPHIC PRODUCTION (NGP), provides the means to implement a complete and fully integrated workflow that enables intelligent automation. Intelligent automation eliminates manual tasks, saves time, and reduces the waste and costs associated with errors in an operation. It also assists a KODAK Unified Workflow solution to provide the exceptional flexibility, communication, control and automation needed to support both conventional and digital printing from a single solution platform.
“Currently, Kodak’s portfolio offers the most extensive range of print products available in the graphic communications industry,” said Langley. “IPEX attendees will see how these offerings can help them create the customized solutions they need to deliver greater value to their customers across the enterprise.”
Components of a Unified Workflow
Business Workflow Solutions
Business workflow solutions improve business decision-making, enhance relationships with customers and suppliers and reduce production errors and material waste. These solutions include:
* A management information system (MIS) - KODAK Enterprise Management Solution (EMS) software is distinguished by its broad focus on planning and managing resources throughout the entirety of the commercial printing organization. EMS features: integrated customer and supplier relationship management capabilities, advanced estimating and production planning, integrated quality control and process improvement modules, and automated business intelligence to ensure success in changing business environments.
* Production planning systems- KODAK UPFRONT 4.0 production planning software lets customers unify and standardize their job planning to benefit automation and fewer planning errors.
Production Workflow Solutions
A KODAK production workflow solution helps customers optimize different print processes by providing outstanding integration, automation and collaboration across conventional, digital, and blended print production environments. These products address a wide spectrum of customer needs, from digitally printed applications, to globally distributed, high-volume print production across market segments. A KODAK production workflow solution may include:
* Workflow management solutions - a KODAK PRINERGY workflow system solution, a third generation PDF workflow solution for controlling prepress, plate and film production; KODAK PREPS imposition software helps prepress professionals remove even more manual steps from their preferred workflow; and KODAK Link software provides production data and job status information to provide production reporting and/or data exchange between an MIS system and PRINERGY workflow system.
* Portal products - allow printers to offer compelling new services, while streamlining prepress production. KODAK InSite software, a secure Web portal into prepress production that makes online communication between printers and their customers a convenient reality; KODAK TeamWorks software, provides server-based project management for content collaboration; KODAK EyeMedia software, integrated asset management; and KODAK NEXTREME Web-To-Print Exchange Solution, provides an easy-to-use, web-based order management tool for automated fulfillment of static, short run, and simple-versioned print jobs.
* Digital printing software solutions KODAKdigital front-end systems that driveKODAKNEXPRESS digital presses and third party devices, such as the KODAK NEXSTATION IV digital front end. KODAK SMARTBOARD document mastering software and KODAK NEXTREME web-to-print exchange solution facilitate late stage printing. KODAK NEXTREME variable data software and KODAK DARWIN authoring software provide options for personalized digital printing.
Color Workflow Solutions
A KODAK color workflow solution drives the delivery of accurate color from design and specification through to production and final output in commercial printing applications KODAK color workflow solutions incorporate industry standards for carrying color information throughout the entire process and make it easy to create, produce and monitor color from idea to delivery.
Kodak color management enables easier adoption of color standards, repeatable color production, efficient RGB workflows and optimized wide gamut printing. Kodak color workflow solutions deliver value to print providers through increased efficiency, enhanced quality control and superior consistency.
About Eastman Kodak Company
Kodak is the world’s foremost imaging innovator, providing leading products and services to the photographic, graphic communications and healthcare markets. With sales of $14.3 billion in 2005, the company is committed to a digitally oriented growth strategy focused on helping people better use meaningful images and information in their life and work. Consumers use Kodak’s system of digital and traditional image capture products and services to take, print and share their pictures anytime, anywhere; Businesses effectively communicate with customers worldwide using KODAK solutions for prepress, conventional and digital printing and document imaging; Creative Professionals rely on KODAK technology to uniquely tell their story through moving or still images; and leading Healthcare organizations rely on Kodak’s innovative products, services and customized workflow solutions to help improve patient care and maximize efficiency and information sharing within and across their enterprise. More information about Kodak (NYSE: EK) is available at www.kodak.com.
For more information about Kodak’s Graphic Communications Group, visit www.graphics.kodak.com.
(Kodak, Networked Graphic Production, NGP, Upfront, Prinergy, Preps, Nextreme, Nexpress, Nexstation, Smartboard and Darwin are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company.) 2006
- Contact Information
- Beth Hogan Scott
- Eastman Kodak Company
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.