New Dell client portfolio maximizes workforce management and productivity
Round Rock, Texas
* Businesses and organizations of all sizes can drive workforce efficiency with new flexible computing capabilities
* Enhanced solutions and services portfolio gives customers great flexibility to centralize and control desktop management
* New features on new Dell Latitude E-Family laptops offer security and mobile collaboration
As today’s workforce becomes increasingly dispersed and mobile and organizations work to balance data protection with mobile access for its end users, Dell today unveiled a series of new solutions and service capabilities that enable customers to simplify desktop virtualization deployments.
Dell’s enhanced Flexible Computing Solutions help customers simplify virtual image management so they have increased application access and performance and heightened IT control to improve security. In addition, the new capabilities allow for work in flexible environments to encourage a more mobile and productive workforce.
“Today’s workforce has become more globally dispersed and highly mobile with the expectation of 24/7 access to critical data and applications,” said Steven Lalla, vice president and general manager, Client Product Group, Dell. “We are committed to providing innovative and flexible virtualization solutions that help customers reduce costs, increase security and improve manageability. This approach to flexible computing also has the ability to enable choice and flexibility to help boost productivity within our customers’ workforce.”
In collaboration with its Flexible Computing strategy, Dell supports the new Citrix XenClient technology introduced today. Dell is working with Citrix to validate its Dell Latitude laptop and Dell OptiPlex desktop client systems for the new XenClient technology. XenClient extends desktop virtualization to corporate laptop users while addressing customers’ needs for security, flexibility and performance.
Dell Flexible Computing Solutions
Dell’s portfolio of Flexible Computing solutions and services extends the reach of virtual desktops and focuses on granular application and profile options. This approach gives customers outstanding flexibility to centralize and control desktop management while enjoying the uncompromised experience of a full PC. As a result, organizations can now more than ever, maximize workforce management and productivity.
* Dell Managed Virtual Client: Dell’s cloud-optimized, virtual desktop managed service is now available as a comprehensive Dell solution (formerly a solution offered by Perot Systems, now part of Dell Services) and has been extended to cover additional countries in Europe.
* Application and Profile Virtualization: Dell extends its service capabilities to focus on application and profile virtualization options that address customers’ specific use cases with more granularity than ever before.
o Application Virtualization provides new delivery models, either virtualized or streamed, for customers who are looking to reduce the management of application deployment.
o Profile Virtualization enables IT to deliver an experience where the user has the ability to change their desktop environment to suit the way they work.
* Virtual Remote Desktop: Dell’s Virtual Remote Desktop enables users to work with a virtual desktop on a remote server, with the virtualization software (VMware View or Citrix XenDesktop) emulating a local, desktop-computing experience. For the Virtual Remote Desktop solution powered by Citrix XenDesktop, Dell now provides an end-to-end optimized reference architecture that uses our strong relationship with Microsoft and our expertise in Server 2008 Hyper-V and Microsoft System Center management infrastructure.
“Having recently standardized on Dell systems, one of our IT department’s main goals was to provide students with a rich desktop experience and reduce the amount of staff time spent maintaining hardware and patching systems,” said George Thornton, Network Operations Manager, Montgomery (Texas) ISD. “To support this goal, we have implemented a mix of Dell Latitude laptops and Dell OptiPlex desktops running On-Demand Desktop Streaming and Virtual Remote Desktop. This has resulted in reduced help-desk calls and power consumption, while increasing our ability to manage our infrastructure.”
Dell E-Family Latitude Laptops
Dell also today launched new additions to its portfolio of Latitude E-Family laptops, giving users an enhanced security and mobile experience.
* Dell Latitude E4310: the ultraportable Dell Latitude E4310 is built for the executive and frequent traveler and combines sleek looks with remarkable durability and advanced wireless connectivity¹. The 13.3-inch Latitude E4310, available now, starts at $1449 USD.
* Dell Latitude E5410 and E5510: the 14.1-inch and 15.6-inch Dell Latitude E5410 and E5510 professional laptops, respectively, are designed to help simplify IT by reducing cost, deployment time and maintenance with an emphasis on stability, inter-compatibility, global support and business-class control. The new systems, available now, start at $759 and $789 USD, respectively.
Enhanced features of select new Latitude laptops include:
* A new Fast Response Free Fall Sensor and StrikeZone™ shock absorber that can help prevent data loss from drops;
* Latitude ON – Reader & Flash Version for instant access to access to e-mail, calendar, contacts and virtual desktops without booting the system;
* New architecture includes Intel Core i technology, Windows 7 and WiMax support;
* Three-year Limited Hardware Warranty² battery for reduced total cost of ownership during laptop life cycle;
* Inter-compatibility across every E-Family system with one dock to 15 laptops and counting and 5 year assurance on dock, adapters and optical drives;
* Advanced Security and Systems Management that offer flexible and secure data protection, asset monitoring and remote management while allowing for fast IT response to business threats; and
* Select configurations offer Energy Star and EPEAT certifications.
Dell Latitude 2110: Building on the success of the 2100 at high schools and elementary schools, Dell now offers the 2110 to customers to help solve a growing need for an affordable secondary computer for training workstations or desktop users. The Latitude 2110, starting at $419 USD, allows easy collaboration, quick connectivity and versatility while at the office or on the road.
* Enhanced features of new Latitude netbook include:
* Battery life up to 10 hours;
* Collaboration tools, including advanced audio, state-of-the-art microphone and optional webcam; and
* Anywhere connectivity¹ options such as WiFi, mobile broadband³ and WiMax support.
Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
¹ Where wireless access is available. Additional access charges apply in some locations.
² For copy of Ltd Hardware Warranty, write Dell USA LP, Attn: Warranties, One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682 or see www.dell.com/warranty.
³ Subject to wireless provider’s broadband subscription and coverage area; additional charges apply.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.