Fujitsu Siemens Computers Redefines Math 2+2+2+2=16
Fujitsu Siemens Computers announces a new PRIMERGY BX630
8-socket Server Blade with AMD Opteron MP Dual-Core Processors
Munich, Germany , Mar 16, 2006, With the successful introduction the PRIMERGY Advanced Blade Ecosystem last fall, Fujitsu Siemens Computers, the leading European IT provider, announces the new PRIMERGY BX630 8-socket server blade designed for the PRIMERGY Advanced Blade Ecosystem BX600 S2. The new BX630 8-socket server blade is a high density and powerful server blade for server farms and data center applications. The new features makes the PRIMERGY BX630 even more suitable for the broadest range of server applications and enables customers to profit from their benefits in the complete data center. The PRIMERGY BX630 8-socket Server Blade blades server is available now across EMEA.
Based on AMD Opteron� processors, the PRIMERGY BX630 brings performance to the next rung on the scale-out and scale-up ladder. Customers can now turn four 2-socket servers into an 8-socket server by deploying the Direct Connect Architecture of the AMD Opteron processors and connecting the blade via the HyperTransport� link, a unique Fujitsu Siemens Computers feature. Based on their needs at any given time, users can switch to and from running 2-socket servers to 4-socket or 8-socket servers � all without investing in new hardware. This �2+2+2+2� performance is equal to that of a standard 8-socket server, and with dual-core AMD Opteron processors, this blade concept even provides 16 physical processor cores for up to 128 GB memory from one 8-socket blade system. This enables IT managers to better utilize server capacity and flexibility, creating a more agile and dynamic data center. This unique adaptability makes the PRIMERGY BX630 an ideal choice for a broad range of application areas, from demanding terminal server farms to high performance database or data center application server configurations.
- Dynamic software reconfiguration and full control with a redundant single point of administration.
- The flexibility of mix and match of different blade versions, enable the Blade Ecosystem to fulfill mainly all tasks in the data center
- Mono-Core and Dual-Core AMD Opteron processors and scalability from dual to quad or eight socket blade and up to 16-cores for all performance needs.
- Redundant and hot-plug blades ensure trouble-free operation and minimum server down times.
- A set of powerful server management tools reduces administration and maintenance efforts.
- Less space and power consumption compared to conventional rack server farms reduce operation costs.
- Solutions for automated operating system deployment and load balancing adapt the server configurations to the current load profile, giving optimized response times.
- Up to 2 hot-plug 8-socket server blades per chassis consist of 4 dual socket server blades with two 64-bit AMD 880 or 885 MP processors each
- Scalable from Dual socket over Quad up to the new 8-socket Server blade enables 128 GB direct addressable memory with 16 processor cores
- Up to 2 hard disk drives (SATA)
- Up to 8x 1 Gbit Ethernet LAN channels (4x daughter cards)
- Up to 4x optional 2 Gbit Fibre channels (2x daughter cards)
- Redundant switch blades and / or Pass-Thru blades and two redundant management blades for highly flexible network integration and reliable management.
About Fujitsu Siemens Computers
Fujitsu Siemens Computers is the leading European IT provider with a strategic focus on next-generation Mobility and Dynamic Data Center products, services and solutions. With a portfolio of exceptional depth, our offering extends from handhelds through desktops to enterprise-class IT infrastructure solutions. Fujitsu Siemens Computers has a presence in all key markets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Leveraging the strengths, innovation and global reach of our joint shareholders, Fujitsu Limited and Siemens AG, we make sure we meet the needs of customers: large corporations, small and medium enterprises and private users. The company is a member of the United Nations Global Compact initiative.
For more information about Fujitsu Siemens Computers, please visit: www.fujitsu-siemens.com
- Contact Information
- Ulrike G. Droeschel
- Senior PR Manager
- Fujitsu Siemens Computers
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.