Gartner Announces Three Finalists for EMEA Business Intelligence Excellence Awards 2010
Winner to be Announced at Gartner Business Intelligence Summit 2010, 1-2 February, London
Egham, UK, Gartner, Inc. announced today the three finalists for the Gartner Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) Business Intelligence (BI) Excellence Awards 2010. The finalists are EuroChem, JD Williams and Komerční banka.
The award will be presented to one of the three end-user organisations presenting their cases at the Gartner Business Intelligence Summit 2010 on Monday 1 February in London. Delegates at the event will choose the most successful recent BI implementation.
A team of Gartner analysts evaluated and selected the finalists based on how successfully they have embraced each of the components of Gartner’s BI and performance management (PM) framework, helping organisations to optimise the value of BI, analytics and PM initiatives. It comprises:
- The Business Strategy Layer: It measures the success of the BI, PM and analytics programme based on how well they meet their strategic, financial and operational objectives.
- The Performance Management Layer: It links operational activities with business strategy.
- The People and Processes Layer: It characterises the analysts, users and IT staff involved in the BI, analytics and PM framework and shift from a tactical to a strategic approach to processes.
- The Analytic Applications Layer: Predefined data and process workflows and sets of predefined models, analysis and delivery capabilities that support PM and transaction-processing applications.
- The BI Platform Layer: It represents the combination and relative priority of BI platform capabilities that differentusers require from their analytic applications.
- The Information Management Infrastructure Layer: It addresses how the data architecture and data integration infrastructure remain efficient and flexible to changing business needs.
Gartner’s BI Excellence Award finalists have all demonstrated that BI can be successful,” said Neil Chandler, research director at Gartner. “Together, these organisations have clearly shown that real business benefits come from collaboration between IT and the business functions, and combining BI and performance management. Driving better decisions and managing performance is a critical strategy for many organisations and these finalists have harnessed their information to drive business performance to new levels.”
More information about the awards can be found at http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=927913&tab=special¶ms=pg,zzz.html.
Gartner analysts will provide more detailed analysis on the future of the BI industry at the Gartner Business Intelligence Summit 2010, being held 1-2 February, at the Lancaster London. The Summit offers BI solutions, advice, real and tangible strategies, cutting edge best practices, and the latest tools and technology that will help IT leaders develop a more-effective BI strategy and improve the performance of their business. Members of the media can register by contacting Holly Stevens at email@example.com. Additional information is available at www.europe.gartner.com/bi.
The Gartner Business Intelligence & Information Management Summit 2010 will be held at the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre in Sydney, 2-3 March. Members of the media can register by contacting Susan Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information is available at www.gartner.com/ap/bi.
The Gartner Business Intelligence Summit 2010 will be at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, 12-14 April, in Las Vegas. Members of the media can register by contacting Christy Pettey at email@example.com. Additional information is available at www.gartner.com/us/bi.
You can also follow the event on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Gartner_inc and using #GartnerBI.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, Gartner is the indispensable partner to 60,000 clients in 10,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, Gartner works with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has 4,000 associates, including 1,200 research analysts and consultants in 80 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.