Gartner Announces Winners of Inaugural Business Process Management Excellence Awards
Winners to Present Their BPM Case Studies at Gartner BPM Summit in Orlando, Florida, October 5-7
STAMFORD, Conn., Gartner, Inc. announced today the three winners of the inaugural Business Process Management (BPM) Excellence Awards. The winners are Toyota Motor Sales, GSA Federal Acquisition Service and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Each company will present their BPM success story to conference attendees at the Gartner Business Process Management Summit, taking place October 5-7 at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in Orlando, Florida.
“Excellent BPM strategies become almost immediately apparent as soon as you hear them,” said Jim Sinur, research vice president at Gartner. “The strategies not only showed a consistently high level of benefits in terms of dollars saved, but how quickly the BPM efforts recouped their costs. It was good to see businesses go across their organizations and value chains to aggregate benefits for the good of the overall company. These case studies are great examples of the best practices needed to pursue successful BPM objectives.”
A team of Gartner analysts evaluated and selected three winners based on a strategic framework developed by Gartner to help companies maximize the probability of success. The five layers of the framework include:
* Building the BPM Competency — Sustaining BPM in an organization requires building the competency and having a vision about how BPM will function within the enterprise. This will help create enterprise adoption.
* Furthering BPM as a Discipline — Spreading the benefits of BPM on a large scale requires demonstrating success and reinvesting returns in deepening the level of process improvement habits and skills.
* Leveraging BPM Technology — While process improvement is not solely dependent on BPM technology, many implementations utilize BPM technologies.
* Attaining BPM Metrics and Performance — The bottom line for process improvement is surrounded by solid goals and metrics to measure end to end process improvement, as well as functional excellence.
* Delivering Innovative Solutions — Many organizations leverage process improvement for cost cutting and this is a staple for continued existence; however the best processes exhibit innovation for organizations and constituents.
“The quality and quantity of all of the submissions were excellent and great illustrations about what organizations are doing on the BPM front,” said Elise Olding, research director at Gartner. “The winners stand out as shining examples of successfully implementing BPM and the positive impact that it can have on an organization.”
The identification of a Gartner Award winner is not an endorsement by Gartner of any vendor, product or service. More information on the Gartner BPM Excellence Awards is available at http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=911413&tab=special¶ms=pg,zzz.html or on the Gartner BPM Summit Web site at www.gartner.com/us/bpm.
About the Gartner Business Process Management Summit
The Gartner Business Process Management Summit 2009 offers the latest insight on creating and sustaining an agile process-powered organization. This Summit will deliver actionable insights to help companies through today’s economic pressures and will showcase the latest process management strategies, implementation tactics and leading technologies to place a company in a stronger position to come out ahead. Additional information is available at www.gartner.com/us/bpm. Members of the media can register by sending an e-mail to Christy Pettey at email@example.com.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, Gartner is the indispensable partner to 60,000 clients in 10,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, Gartner works with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has 4,000 associates, including 1,200 research analysts and consultants in 80 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.