Texas Instruments delivers industry’s smallest 16-bit ADC - 70 percent smaller than nearest competition - for portable industrial and consumer applications
Family of data converters reduces overall system space and component count with scalable selection of on-chip integration
DALLAS .- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced a family of 16-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) packaged in a leadless QFN measuring 2.0 x 1.5 x 0.4 mm - 70 percent smaller than the nearest competition. In addition to significant system space savings, the ADS1115 family provides product options for scalable integration to reduce component count and simplify design. This family supports battery monitoring, portable instrumentation, industrial process control, smart transmitters, medical instrumentation and other industrial and consumer systems. For more product information, see www.ti.com/ads1115-pr.
Designed for precision, power efficiency and ease of implementation, the ADS1115 family performs conversions at programmable data rates up to 860 samples per second (SPS), consuming just 150 µA (typical) of supply current and operating down to 2 V. The ADS1115 is the most highly integrated member of the new family, incorporating an oscillator, low-drift reference, programmable gain amplifier, comparator and four-channel input multiplexer into a tiny package. This family also includes 12-bit versions for increased flexibility.
“Analog customers require ever higher functionality and performance without sacrificing system size and power in order to take their products to the next level,” said Art George, senior vice president of TI’s High-Performance Analog business unit. “By reducing size by 70 percent and delivering a complete family of integration and resolution options, the ADS1115 will help designers achieve a smaller system footprint, lower power, higher performance and easy design implementation.”
Key features and benefits
* Ultra-tiny, leadless QFN (RUG) package (2.0 x 1.5 x 0.4 mm) for unmatched system space savings
* Complete family with product options for scalable selection of on-chip integration reduces component count and simplifies design
* 14x faster sampling rate supports demanding measurement requirements
* Integrated programmable comparator simplifies system monitoring
* Performance upgrade for embedded ADCs
* Customers can speed time-to-market with compatible TI devices, including amplifiers (OPA333, INA333), references (REF33xx), temperature sensors (TMP102) digital isolators (ISO721), digital-to-analog converters (DAC7731, DAC856x) and ultra-low-power microcontrollers (MSP430).
Availability and pricing
The ADS1115, ADS1114 and ADS1113 are available now from TI and its authorized distributors. Pricing for the ADS1115 starts at $2.25 in quantities of 1,000 units. The ADS1114 starts at $2.00 and the ADS1113 starts at $1.85.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.