AOL Launches Pet Site PawNation.com
New AOL Site Celebrates Pets and the People Who Love Them
NEW YORK, NY. – AOL’s MediaGlow publishing unit, http://www.mediaglow.com, announced the launch of PawNation.com, http://www.pawnation.com, a new website that lets pet lovers share pet photos and stories, read the latest animal news, find useful tips and information, or just smile at a gallery of puppies in cups, pandas at play and everything in between. PawNation.com is part of the AOL® Living network, http://living.aol.com, which is one of the top three lifestyle sites with more than 17.6 million monthly unique visitors, according to April 2009 comScore Media Metrix data.
Purina® ProPlan® brand Pet Food, http://www.proplan.com, is the official launch partner of PawNation.com. The partnership was secured by AOL’s Platform-A, http://www.platform-a.com, the industry’s largest domestic digital advertising platform.*
“Pets are a part of the family for millions of people, and PawNation.com is a one-stop shop for everything pets,” said Stephanie Dolgins, Senior Vice President, AOL Women’s & Lifestyle Programming. “The new site is also further proof that we’re listening to the wants and interests of our audience while welcoming a new audience to experience all we have to offer within the AOL Living network.”
Features on PawNation.com include:
* Ask a Vet – a question and answer forum with New York City-based veterinarian Dr. Matthew Cooper;
* I Work With Animals! - highlights professionals within the animal industry from lion tamers to dog walkers to marine biologists;
* Pets on TV – a weekly column spotlighting animals on television, from that commercial you can’t get out of your head to your favorite sitcom pet;
* Helpful resources on caring for your four-legged family members to coping with the loss of a pet;
* Latest updates on pet news and products;
* Coverage on celebrity pets, hero pets and pet horoscopes.
In addition, users can subscribe to PawNation’s RSS feed, follow PawNation on Twitter, http://twitter.com/paw_nation, or become a friend of PawNation on Facebook.
PawNation.com joins the expanding AOL Living network, which includes AOL Food, http://food.aol.com, AOL Health, http://health.aol.com, AOL Home, http://home.aol.com, Lemondrop.com, http://www.lemondrop.com, Parentdish.com, http://www.parentdish.com, and StyleList.com, http://stylelist.com.
AOL’s MediaGlow publishing unit operates more than 70 sites and attracts more than 76 million unique visitors each month, according to comScore Media Metrix. It plans to launch more than 30 new sites in 2009.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.