Animals / Pets
Page 1 of 1
- The Joys of Adopting a Dog
- 12/1/2016 1:23:33 AM
- In 2003, J. Wesley Porter and his family adopted an eight-week old dog from the animal shelter. Now, more than twelve years after, he writes a book about their loyal pet— A Spiritual Dog: Bear.
- Cabby and Cooper’s Canine Craving for the Ultimate Chow
- 11/21/2016 2:55:38 AM
- Mark Edward Battuello’s lighthearted picture book, In Search of the Holy Dog Food, illustrates two dogs’ journey to munch on the best chow. Cabby and Cooper, the author’s pet dogs, walk the fields of Napa Valley, in search for the tastiest food to fill their tummy.
- Vibrant Children’s Book Encourages Kids to Find Inner Strengths and Talents
- 11/20/2016 9:19:40 PM
- Perfect for kids from the ages of five to ten, “Magical Wings” is a treat for both parents and children from author Bobby Sherman. “Magical Wings” is a story of two caterpillar sisters and how they lost their way home after a thunderstorm.
- Salmonella Exposure Risks for People Raising Backyard Poultry
- 11/14/2016 9:44:00 AM
- In communities across the country, an increasing number of people are choosing to raise live poultry in their backyards. This is happening in both rural and urban communities as more towns and cities change ordinances to allow the practice.
- Rhymes and Illustrations: An Entertaining New Way for Kids to Learn Animal Group Names
- 11/10/2016 11:48:56 PM
- A group of foxes is called a skulk. Owls form a parliament. Jellyfish make up a smack! A Bale of Turtles, written by Lee Clancey, brings a delightful way to learn about collective nouns for animals.
- « Previous
- Next »