Teradata Releases Accelerate for Utilities Customer Management
Accelerate package puts utilities on fast track for communicating effectively with customers about energy consumption
MIAMISBURG, Ohio - Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC), the world’s largest company solely focused on data warehousing and enterprise analytics, today announced the availability of Teradata Accelerate for Utilities Customer Management. The new packaged solution addresses utilities’ needs to communicate with customers in more direct and effective ways about their energy consumption and alternative energy options. The new solution is an affordable package of Teradata’s database, platform, tools and professional services that delivers quick time to value.
“Utilities are now beginning to adopt customer management technology already in wide use in telecommunications, retail and other industries where customer service is critical to on-going profitability,” said David Grant, vice president for global industry solutions for communications, media, entertainment and utilities, Teradata Corporation.
Accelerate for Utilities Customer Management can help energy companies predict customer behavior, such as whether a collections call will slow down or speed up payment, which consumers will participate in voluntary programs to curb demand during high peak periods, or which consumers are willing to pay a premium for wind energy. In addition, energy companies can communicate with consumers and businesses via their preferred communications channel regarding planned tree trimming, a looming brownout or even report status of service restoration following a power outage.
“The introduction of advanced metering and communication technologies — combined with customer gateways or portals and energy-efficient appliances — will change the way consumers interact with their energy suppliers. Additionally, Smart Meters are generating meter reading data multiple times per hour instead of one read monthly. While these are opportunities for utilities to understand customer consumption, they also produce substantially higher volumes of data that must be mined for information if utilities and their customers are to benefit,” Grant said.
Teradata’s Accelerate for Utilities Customer Management is an affordable conveniently bundled package from a single vendor reducing risk in implementation and quick time to value. The package includes Teradata’s Purpose-Built Platform Family, Teradata database software, application software and services that enable utilities to rapidly deploy and quickly realize business value from their investment. Teradata Accelerate for Utility Customer Management also includes a management dashboard and business intelligence reports and is deployed using Teradata consulting and implementation services. It can be set up in a production environment in 90 days.
“The Teradata Accelerate for Utility Customer Management is a ‘one-stop data warehousing’ package to help utilities jump-start their data warehouse and quickly realize business value. At the same time, because it is built on a foundation that can be extended as their needs evolve, it protects their initial investment,” Grant said.
The following components are bundled as part of Teradata Accelerate packages:
* Teradata Database – the market-leading data warehousing database with built-in functionality to provide for easy setup and manageability along with Teradata tools and utilities to make it easy to rapidly load and query data
* One member of the Teradata Purpose-Built Platform Family – Teradata Active Enterprise Data Warehouse platform, Teradata Data Warehouse Appliance, or Teradata Data Mart Appliance
* Teradata Relationship Manager – a multi-channel software application for managing marketing communications. It includes cross segment analysis that allows users to discover and analyze behavior by and across different customer groups to gauge effectiveness of communications or promotions.
* Teradata Professional Services – consulting and support services to quickly get up and running
* Teradata training - supports users as they learn to get the most value out of their data warehouse investment.
* Optionally available is the Informatica extract, transform and load (ETL) tool, a means for extracting data from varied sources and loading it into the data warehouse after transforming it into the proper format.
Added Grant, “The enormous changes taking place in the industry will require utilities to adopt new IT applications for customer, revenue and operations management. Teradata’s Accelerate for Utilities Customer Management provides utility companies with a means of influencing customer behavior and developing new programs and rates that will result in savings to both the utilities and their customers.”
Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) is the world’s largest company solely focused on raising intelligence through data warehousing, data warehouse appliances, consulting services and enterprise analytics. Teradata is in more than 60 countries and on the web at www.teradata.com
Teradata is a trademark or registered trademark of Teradata Corporation in the United States and other countries.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.