Agilent Technologies to Demonstrate WiMAX™ Test Solutions at 2009 Asia WIMAX Forum® Congress
SINGAPORE, WiMAX Forum Congress.- Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) will demonstrate its full range portfolio of WiMAX test solutions April 28-29 at the Suntec Convention Centre, Booth 62. Agilent’s test solutions address the WiMAX test requirements in design verification, pre-conformance, conformance, network deployment and service assurance. These test solutions enable engineers and managers in R&D, manufacturing and service networks to create and advance WiMAX-based communications.
“Agilent’s participation in the WiMAX Forum Congress reinforces our commitment to the success of WiMAX,” said C. J. Meurell, Wireless Systems general manager, Agilent. “Our leadership and dedication to meet the needs and issues not fully addressed by other test solutions on the market will empower today’s engineers to create a new range of WiMAX-based communication possibilities.”
Agilent is a silver sponsor of the event. C.J. Meurell will present a paper titled “WiMAX Technology Evolution: The Role that Test Can Play.” It will include information about Agilent’s E6651A + N8300A solutions for WiMAX. Meurell will also represent Agilent at the Congress in the “Interoperability in a Multivendor Environment” panel discussion.
Agilent’s demonstrations at the Congress include:
* The Agilent N5182A MXG vector signal generator, ideal for R&D, design validation and manufacturing of components such as base station MCPAs (multi-carrier power amplifiers) and receivers for communications systems. The accompanying N7615B Signal Studio for WiMAX has new features for Release 1.5 and also supports many new capabilities for Wave 2 testing. The MXG and Signal Studio will be used with Agilent’s 89600S VXI-Based Vector Signal Analyzer with two RF channels and 89601A vector signal analysis software to show signal generation and analysis capabilities for 2x2 Wave 2 MIMO testing.
* New functional test features of the Agilent E6651A Mobile WiMAX test set, including support for mobile station and base station initiated handover, sleep and idle modes, and security features. The E6651A test set provides unrivaled test coverage for Mobile WiMAX developers performing R&D, system integration and verification, or conformance test in RF, protocol and functional application test.
* Agilent’s N5106A PXB MIMO Receiver Tester simulates real-world conditions to minimize WiMAX- and LTE-MIMO design uncertainties and rework.
* Agilent’s N8300A wireless networking test set is a multiformat, one-box RF parametric test set for standard-compliant 802.16d and 802.16e physical layer (PHY) testing in fixed and Mobile WiMAX (tm) transceiver and receiver applications. It provides a 4-port RF I/O switching module, the new MIMO/Multi-Port Connectivity option 404 that turns the N8300A into a ’multi-up’ WiMAX/WLAN test solution. Option 404 features a receiver test broadcast mode, high RF output power and improved RF specifications such as source amplitude range. This functionality produces faster DUT throughput, minimizes external amplification costs and compensates for fixture losses, lowering test costs and simplifying the production test system.
* Agilent’s N9020A MXA Signal Analyzer drives signal and spectrum analysis to the next generation, offering the highest performance in a mid-range analyzer and allowing flexible analysis measurements of wireless communication devices to current and emerging standards. It seamlessly integrates a broad range of standards-based measurements, including WiMAX and Wave 2 2x2 MIMO, with Agilent’s industry-leading 89601A vector signal analysis software.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.