New CA eTRUST Internet Security Suite Defends PCs From Online Threats
Total Protection Against Phishing, Spam, Spyware, Viruses, and Hackers With Added Parental Controls.
ISLANDIA, N.Y., January 31, 2006 – CA (NYSE: CA) today announced the immediate availability of its eTrust Internet Security Suite, the latest release of its comprehensive Internet security solution for home users. With a single install, CA’s eTrust Internet Security Suite r2 provides all the protections to defend consumers from a wide range of Internet-borne threats posed by hackers, viruses, identity thieves, spyware, and spam, with the added protection of parental controls. eTrust Internet Security Suite combines easy-to-use, industrial-strength technology with preconfigured settings and automatic updates that take the guesswork out of PC security.
“Online threats not only jeopardize your privacy and data, they also diminish your PC’s performance,” said David Luft, senior vice president of product development for CA. “With this release of CA’s eTrust Internet Security Suite, we have enhanced our anti-spam technology and integrated all of our best-of-breed security products to create what we believe is the best tool on the market to protect your PC, your personal information, and most importantly your family from the very real threats that exist on the Internet.”
CA also announced the immediate availability of its latest version of eTrust Anti-Spam r4 to provide added protection from phishing scams and email fraud.
Phishing attacks are email scams designed to steal credit card and banking information from online users by directing them to imitation websites that look like popular e-commerce, auction or financial sites. According to a recent AOL/National Cyber Security Alliance Online Safety Study, phishing attacks aimed at identity theft affect roughly one in four Americans (23%) each month, and more than two-thirds of consumers (70%) who received a phishing email thought they were from legitimate companies. The study also found that 81% of home PCs lack at least one of three critical protections — updated antivirus, spyware protection, and a properly configured firewall.
In addition to a new unified user interface, other distinctive features of CA’s eTrust Internet Security Suite include:
* Anti-Phishing and Fraud Protection – Uses industry-standard authentication methods to determine if an email is actually from the sender indicated on the message, and displays a clear visual warning on suspicious emails.
* Email Search – Creates a search index of all information stored in Outlook for quick and easy access to messages, attachments, contacts, appointments, journal entries and notes. For English-language Outlook / Outlook Express only.
* Spam Score – Automatically ’scores’ the spam in the Quarantine folder, allowing sorting of quarantined mail based on its likelihood of being spam.
* Automatic Updates – Notification when product updates are available for download, providing the latest features to defend against spam.
eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware
* Spyware Detection and Removal – Scans PCs for a wide range of destructive pests. Scan results provide a link to an extensive pest database for more information.
* On-Demand Scanning – Launches scans on-demand, or schedules regular scans to meet your needs. Custom scans allow selection of specific disks, files and folders to scan.
* Real-time Protection – Active Protection detects and removes active pests in memory.
eTrust EZ Antivirus
* Real-time Scanning – Scans files when they are opened, closed or saved to a PC.
* Automatic Email Scanning – Scans inbound email and attachments for all POP3 email clients.
* Advanced Heuristic Scanning – Stops new and unknown viruses even before they are detected by signature files.
eTrust Personal Firewall
* Stealth Mode – Makes PCs invisible to hackers and barricades its ports from attack.
* Automatic Program Configuration – Provides up-to-the-minute advice on which programs are safe and which are dangerous.
* Identity Theft Protection – Safeguards personal data with alerts to personal information leaving a PC through the Internet or email, allowing transmission to be blocked.
* Ad Blocking – Removes annoying pop-up and pop-under ads.
Blue Coat K9 Web Protection Parental Controls (available in English-language only, in North America and selected markets)
* Pre-configured Protection Levels – Choose from five pre-configured levels, which include different combinations of commonly blocked categories.
* Customizable Web Filtering Policy – Create a filtering policy that meets specific needs by choosing from over 55 unique categories.
* Advanced Real-Time Site Rating – Analyzes newly requested web pages in real-time, blocking undesirable sites even if they are brand new and have not yet been categorized.
* Superior Ratings Database – Maintains ratings of more than 8 million sites and domains, resulting in coverage of more than 1 billion web pages.
Pricing and Availability Information
CA eTrust Internet Security Suite costs $69.95 for a single user. CA eTrust AntiSpam as a standalone product costs $29.95. Both are currently available online at http://ca.com/consumer.
CA home user customers continue to receive free product upgrades on all CA consumer products, so their PCs are always protected with the most up-to-date versions. Customers who have purchased CA’s eTrust Internet Security Suite r1 will receive a free, automatic upgrade to eTrust Internet Security Suite r2.
CA (NYSE: CA), one of the world’s largest information technology (IT) management software companies, unifies and simplifies the management of enterprise-wide IT. Founded in 1976, CA is headquartered in Islandia, N.Y., and serves customers in more than 140 countries. For more information, please visit http://ca.com.
Copyright © 2006 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
- Contact Information
- Jessica Cassady
- Press Contact
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.