NEC Display Solutions Announces 26-Inch Desktop Display With Swop Certification
CHICAGO - NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading stand-alone provider of commercial LCD displays and projectors, today announced the new 26-inch MultiSync LCD2690WUXi², a desktop display ideal for graphic arts, desktop publishing, photography and other color-critical environments.
The LCD2690WUXi² can be seen at Macworld Conference and Expo 2009 (NEC Display Solutions Booth, No. 2510) on January 5-9 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, Ca.
Derived from the award-winning LCD2690WUXi, the new display has a new wider color gamut panel, delivering expanded blue coverage and improved brightness uniformity. The high-performing MultiSync LCD2690WUXi² aids with productivity, as its wide-format design (16:10 aspect ratio) provides roughly the same work area as two smaller-sized displays, enabling users to work simultaneously in multiple application windows.
“The MultiSync LCD2690WUXi² follows in the footsteps of its companions in the highly successful MultiSync 90 Series,” said Stan Swiderski, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “With its multitude of leading-edge capabilities, groundbreaking design and vast amount of innovative technologies, the LCD2690WUXi² allows high-end graphics users to achieve the ultimate in color performance.”
The MultiSync LCD2690WUXi² is certified with Specifications for Web Offset Publications (SWOP®) software, assuring users achieve accurate softproof images. The display passed with the ”GRACoL® Grade 1” test, one of the highest level examinations available for SWOP certification.
The LCD2690WUXi² contains the following features:
* Wide color gamut (97.8% coverage of AdobeRGB)
* Compatible with the NEC SpectraViewIITM Color Calibration Solution
* Auto luminance control with X-LightTM Pro backlight/sensor design for consistent brightness and color
* ColorComp™ technology compensates for slight variations in luminance and color uniformity, providing even color across the screen
* IPS active matrix LCD provides superior screen performance, including wide viewing angles, lifelike flesh tones and dark black levels
* Supports internal programmable 12-bit lookup tables (LUTs) for calibration
* Ambient light sensor and automatic backlight adjustment allow for use in any lighting conditions
* 1900 x 1200 native resolution
* 1000:1 contrast ratio
* 320 cd/m² brightness
* Three selectable inputs (DVI-I, DVI-D, 15-pin D-sub [VGA])
The MultiSync LCD2690WUXi² ships with a 4-year parts and labor warranty, including backlight, and is available now for shipping with an estimated street price of $1199. For more information about SWOP certification, visit .
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD displays, professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, professional, education, medical and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the Web site at www.necdisplay.com.
For digital images, please visit http://www.necdisplay.com/products/digitalmedialibrary/
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.