Major Byproducts Recycler Picks Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 to Optimize Business Processes and Enhance Customer Service
Microsoft ERP solution will enable Sanimax to propagate best practices companywide and ignite future growth.
REDMOND, Wash. — Microsoft Corp. today announced that Sanimax, a leading North American bioreturn company, has selected Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 to harmonize its business processes and give it a customer-focused platform for continued growth.
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 is a versatile, cost-effective enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution that helps businesses streamline their operations, minimize operational costs, drive informed decision-making and fuel employee productivity.
Montreal-based Sanimax reclaims more than one million tons of animal byproducts and used cooking oils a year. The company converts the materials into tallow, glycerin, proteins, leather, biofuels and other high-demand products that it ships to leading pharmaceutical, chemical, cosmetics, leather, energy, animal feed and pet food manufacturers globally.
Sanimax chose Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 over competing products from two rival vendors following an exhaustive vetting process. Sanimax executives liked the ability of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 to deliver a seamless, consistent user experience, complementing its installed base of Microsoft solutions, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Live, and meet the company’s current and projected future needs. They were also impressed by the solution’s price tag, which compared favorably with the rival offerings and made it the most cost-effective of those they evaluated.
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 will give Sanimax a single business-management platform across its 35 sites in the United States and Canada, replacing three legacy ERP systems that have been expensive to maintain. The homegrown, mutually incompatible systems were impeding Sanimax’s ability to coordinate decision-making on a companywide basis.
Sanimax selected Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Fullscope Inc. to perform the implementation and provide ongoing maintenance and support because of its track record of successfully managing business transformation projects, process industry expertise and inside-out knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009. Fullscope was the Microsoft Dynamics AX Partner of the Year in 2007 and 2008.
“Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 gives us the vehicle we need to drive best practice across the company, streamline our processes and better serve our customers,” said Simon Chapleau, vice president of information services at Sanimax. “We’re looking forward to harmonizing our business processes on one common information platform, thereby facilitating more efficient and strategic decision-making toward driving our business to the next level.”
Sanimax will implement Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 with HighJump Software Inc.’s Software Route Sales and Direct Store Delivery modules to extend the platform to its fleet of trucks via Windows Mobile-based handheld devices that will enable drivers to record shipments and print invoices.
The company anticipates multiple business benefits from deploying Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, including the following:
• Simplified and streamlined business processes. With Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, Sanimax will be able to rationalize its business processes by enabling employees to work within a single system to accomplish their tasks rather than having to navigate multiple systems. This will allow Sanimax employees to focus on the task at hand and on maximizing customer service rather than being preoccupied with process steps.
• Promoting best practices companywide. With Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, Sanimax will be able to disseminate best practices and make them standard operating procedure across its ranks by enforcing standardized business processes.
• Enhanced employee productivity. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 will allow Sanimax to furnish individual employees with innovative Role Center functionality corresponding to their particular job functions, giving them the specific tools and applications they need to accomplish their tasks and maximize their effectiveness.
• Improved transparency and ability to meet compliance requirements. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 will enable Sanimax to track materials across its production process from point of origin to end product in order to guarantee quality and give customers essential peace of mind, and enhance the company’s ability to comply with regulations governing safety.
• Integrated information systems. Because Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 features a common interface with the other Microsoft applications that Sanimax already uses, the solution will form part of a consistent experience for users, minimizing their learning curve and the disruption of migrating to a new system. The company also is hoping to drive synergies between Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 and the other Microsoft solutions it uses to help protect and extend the value of its existing IT investments.
• Enhanced business reporting. The ability, through Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, to generate sophisticated reports in near real time will enable Sanimax to get a tighter fix on its business than its current systems allow and be even more responsive to customers.
• More robust planning capabilities. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 will enable Sanimax to make richer forecasts extrapolating from the very latest data, enhancing its ability to plan for the future and target business opportunities.
• Cost savings. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 will allow Sanimax to consolidate on a single business management platform that addresses all of its needs at a fraction of the cost of maintaining three separate and distinct ERP systems.
• Improved data integrity. The ability, with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, to gain ready access to the very latest customer data will enable the company to better service its customer base and be more proactive in the services it offers them than its present systems permit.
“Sanimax’s endorsement demonstrates how Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 delivers as a springboard for growth while allowing companies to keep a lid on costs and run their operations as efficiently as possible,” said Michael Park, corporate vice president for the U.S. Dynamics Business at Microsoft. “Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 gives firms defense and offense capabilities, enabling them to run a tight, streamlined, economical operation while seizing opportunities to grow their business.”
Sanimax is a values driven organization that creates environmentally responsible solutions for the food, agribusiness and renewable energy industries. Every year the company collects more than a million tons of animal and food by-products across North America. It renews the collected materials to produce high-demand goods such as tallow, glycerin, proteins, leathers and biofuels destined for industries around the world. For more information, visit www.Sanimax.com.
The 2007 and 2008 Microsoft Dynamics AX Partner of the Year, Fullscope, Inc. is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner that offers deep domain expertise for companies with process, discrete and hybrid manufacturing operations. The company develops and supports Process Industries for Microsoft Dynamics AX; offers a Certified for Microsoft Dynamics AX solution for high tech; and is one of the largest Microsoft Dynamics AX resellers in the United States and Canada. For more information, go to http://www.fullscope.com.
About Microsoft Dynamics
Microsoft Dynamics is a line of financial, customer relationship and supply chain management solutions that helps businesses work more effectively. Delivered through a network of channel partners providing specialized services, these integrated, adaptable business management solutions work like and with familiar Microsoft software to streamline processes across an entire business.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Web page at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass on Microsoft’s corporate information pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/contactpr.mspx.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.