Florida Health Insurance Policies About To Change Drastically Says Health Insurance Broker
healthinsurancebrokeronline.com (Health Insurance)-- The election is over, and a new administration is about to take Washington by storm; they promised America a new health insurance plan, one that was affordable, and one that makes health insurance work for people and businesses - not just insurance and drug companies. Will they deliver?
How will the change in the economy affect Barack Obama’s health insurance proposal? Morgan Moran, a Florida health insurance broker says “there have been some major changes in the economy since Obama proposed his health insurance plan” – but Moran said – “the Obama administration has not changed its health insurance position, in fact “Obama has reaffirmed his position on health insurance.”
Obama will continue to focus on health care reform during his efforts to address the current economic downturn, Obama aide Neera Tanden said on Tuesday during a health insurance conference, “We can’t really afford not to do health care,” adding, “Costs are spiraling out of control.” In addition, she said, “We will not get out of the hole we are digging if we are spending 16% of GDP (gross domestic product) on a system which doesn’t provide better quality.”
The President-Elect says on his web site, that “the American people are too often offered two extremes - government-run health care with higher taxes or letting the insurance companies operate without rules,” - “These extremes are wrong, and that’s why we’ll be rolling out a new health insurance plan that strengthens employer coverage.”
Morgan Moran speaking on the new insurance plan said “it makes insurance companies accountable and ensures patient choice of doctor and health care without government interference.”
The Obama plan still plans to provide affordable, accessible health care for all Americans. “If you don’t have health insurance, you will have a choice of new, affordable health insurance options.”
“My plan builds on the existing health care system, and uses existing providers, doctors and plans to implement the plan”, the President-Elect also said, Under this plan, you will be able to make health care decisions with their doctors, instead of being blocked by insurance company bureaucrats.” “Under the plan, if you like your current health insurance, nothing changes, except your costs will go down by as much as $2,500 per year.
Morgan Moran, a Florida health insurance broker looked further into the plan and found these important points:
• Require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions so all Americans regardless of their health status or history can get comprehensive benefits at fair and stable premiums.
• Create a new Small Business Health Tax Credit to help small businesses provide affordable health insurance to their employees.
• Lower costs for businesses by covering a portion of the catastrophic health costs they pay in return for lower premiums for employees.
• Prevent insurers from overcharging doctors for their malpractice insurance and invest in proven strategies to reduce preventable medical errors.
• Make employer contributions fair by requiring large employers that do not offer coverage or make a meaningful contribution to the cost of quality health coverage for their employees to contribute a percentage-of-payroll toward the costs of their employee’s health care.
• Establish National Health Insurance Exchange with a range of private insurance options as well as a new public plan based on benefits available to members of Congress that will allow individuals and small businesses to buy affordable health coverage.
• Ensure everyone who needs it will receive a tax credit for their premiums.
Moran recommends contacting a qualified health insurance broker to discuss your insurance needs. More on the Obama health insurance plan and free health insurance advice is available at FloridaHealthInsuranceWeb.com
Morgan Moran - Florida Health Insurance Broker - Florida Health Insurance Web Phone: (800) 554-9142
- Contact Information
- Morgan Moran
- Florida Health Insurance Broker
- Florida Health Insurance Web
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.