Teradata Launches Low-Cost, Quick Time-to-Value Data Warehouse Packages
New packages bundle hardware, software and services for easy “one stop data warehousing”
MIAMISBURG, Ohio — Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC), the world’s largest company solely focused on data warehousing and enterprise analytics, today introduced Teradata Accelerate, bundled packages of comprehensive hardware, software and services, which enable companies to rapidly deploy and quickly realize business value from their data warehouse investment.
“Teradata is introducing ’one-stop data warehousing’ packages to help customers swiftly set up and gain business value. Teradata Accelerate packages include all that is needed to get started in data warehousing, including the Teradata® Database, a Teradata platform, software and consulting services,” said Darryl McDonald, chief marketing officer, Teradata. “Because of the tremendous depth of Teradata’s experience and market-leading technology, we have made it easy and affordable for companies to quickly benefit from the best data warehousing on the market today. We will quickly install a low-cost, low-risk solution, without any integration surprises — intelligence ready to deliver to users in just days.”
“Teradata Accelerate packages can be deployed within 10 to 120 days depending on the business purpose, and the packages start at $350,000. These are all implemented and managed by a single data warehouse vendor with more than 25 years of proven experience, unlike others who don’t have everything a company needs,” said Randy Lea, vice president, Teradata products and services. “Teradata Accelerate packages help companies jump-start their data warehouse and provides a solid foundation which can be extended as the customers’ needs evolve, providing true investment protection.”
Teradata Accelerate packages are available now for building base foundation data warehouses, for marketing and finance functions, as well as for various industries. In addition, Teradata Accelerate includes packages built with partners’ applications.
Teradata Accelerate packages include:
* Teradata Accelerate for Data Warehousing — This package provides companies with everything needed to quickly install and achieve business value from their first data warehouse. The package offers customers data integration and business intelligence tools from Teradata’s world-class partners. Teradata Professional Services will define and build the data models, bring up the data warehouse, execute data transformations, identify the business questions and build reports for business users.
* Teradata Accelerate for Marketing — This package includes everything needed to quickly deploy a powerful customer relationship management (CRM) system. It includes Teradata Relationship Manager, an industry-leading CRM solution, consulting and implementation services from Teradata, along with a clearly defined scope of work. This dramatically reduces the risk and time to see results.
“Teradata Accelerate for Marketing is a unique offering. It is differentiated in the market by providing a complete business appliance package, not just technology pieces and parts,” said Claudia Imhoff, Ph.D., president and founder of Intelligent Solutions, Inc., a leading provider of data warehousing and business intelligence technology and strategy. “Teradata Accelerate includes everything a marketing department needs to quickly get up and running. For companies with complex multi-channel CRM needs, Teradata provides marketing software optimized and integrated with its high-performance analytical database platform — that can seamlessly scale up from thousands to many millions of customers. Teradata is offering a complete data warehouse-driven turnkey marketing solution. That translates into a quick and total business solution for marketers.”
* Teradata Accelerate for Finance — Today’s economic pressures increase the demand for quick visibility to detailed revenue and cost driver data. To enable such insights, Teradata offers a financial analytic package that leverages pre-built intelligence to turn enterprise resource planning (ERP) data into actionable information. Teradata Accelerate for Finance quickly integrates ERP data from source to end report significantly reducing the time, risk and cost of financial analytics projects. The package is designed to eliminate the usual challenges, such as limited data transparency, time-consuming and costly maintenance, and disconnected financial and operational data. This package helps companies more easily reveal economic drivers and opportunities for cost and expense reduction, for revenue growth and for improved cash-flow management.
Teradata Accelerate packages also address a broad spectrum of business intelligence requirements, which range from those building a first data warehouse to companies migrating a data mart to companies that are mature and want to rapidly deploy their own data warehouses. Teradata Accelerate packages now available are Teradata Accelerate for Do It Yourself, Teradata Accelerate for Load and Go, and Teradata Accelerate for Application Rehost. Visit Teradata.com/Accelerate for more information.
In addition, there are Teradata Accelerate packages for specific industries. For example, retailers can choose from four Teradata Accelerate for Retail packages: sales and inventory, assortment planning, store performance management or market basket analysis. Teradata Accelerate for Gaming provides rapid insight into operational performance and customer behaviors for gaming operators.
An example of development with Teradata partners is Teradata Accelerate for Demand Signal Repository, which combines Teradata technologies with applications from Relational Solutions Inc., Shiloh Technologies or Vision Chain in a package for consumer products manufacturers. The package analyzes point-of-sale data to reveal previously unknown customer demand patterns and includes everything needed to rapidly set up an analytic environment for better understanding customer buying behavior.
The following components are bundled as part of Teradata Accelerate packages:
* Teradata Database 12.0 — the market-leading data warehousing database with built-in functionality to provide for easy deployment and manageability
* One member of the Teradata Purpose-Built Platform Family — Teradata Active Enterprise Data Warehouse, Teradata Extreme Data Appliance, Teradata Data Warehouse Appliance or Teradata Data Mart Appliance
* Teradata software — tools and utilities to make it easy to rapidly load and query data
* Teradata Professional Services — consulting and support services to quickly get up and running
* Teradata training — supports users as they learn to get the most value out of their data warehouse investment
“The Teradata Accelerate program is a great idea. There’s no safer choice than Teradata technology plus Teradata consulting, bundled in a fixed-cost offering,” said Curt Monash, president of Monash Research. “The Teradata Purpose Built Platform Family members are optimized for a broad range of business intelligence and analytic uses.”
Partners Support Teradata Accelerate
The Teradata Accelerate packages were developed in close cooperation with a number of Teradata strategic partners such as Business Objects, an SAP company; Cognos, an IBM company; Informatica and MicroStrategy.
“Working closely with our partners, we’ve defined and delivered the market-leading Teradata Accelerate program which offers true value,” said Lea. “Teradata’s long history with its partners allows our joint technologies to ensure a seamless integrated experience for customers.”
Business Objects, an SAP company: “Teradata Accelerate combined with Business Objects is appealing as it brings a complete enterprise-ready business intelligence solution to the departmental level, helping to minimize risk for customers,” said Jon Dorrington, vice president of global technology partners at Business Objects. “Teradata Database 12.0 delivers a solid engine, and paired with our proven Business Objects Edge solutions and Global Services expertise, can address the specific needs of growing organizations. This specialized offering, which combines leading data warehouse and business intelligence platforms, will help Teradata customers of all sizes to optimize their business performance through a complete and trusted view of their information.”
Cognos, an IBM company: “Teradata and Cognos have had a partnership for more than ten years. Together, we continue to take advantage of enhancements in technology on both of our platforms to better fulfill our joint customers’ requirements for high-performance, high-scalability systems,” said Mel Zeledon, vice president, global alliances for Cognos. “Through Teradata Accelerate, our joint customers can get the most out of their business intelligence capabilities ranging from standard reports to enterprise score carding to advanced, multidimensional analytics.”
Informatica: “Informatica and Teradata have teamed up to power Teradata Accelerate. This power comes from being able to define the transforms both in the Informatica server, as well as doing transformations directly in the Teradata data warehouse. This flexibility is unique in the market and offers our customers options and scalability to ensure that data is provided in a consistent, reliable format in the least amount of time,” said James Markarian, chief technology officer, Informatica. “With Teradata Accelerate, customers can quickly realize the benefits of Informatica and Teradata providing rapid time to value and operational efficiencies.”
MicroStrategy: “MicroStrategy and Teradata have a 14-year history of working together, and we are proud to be part of the launch of the Teradata Accelerate. Teradata technology, along with MicroStrategy’s industrial-strength business intelligence software, offers our mutual customers a powerful solution for the rapid deployment of enterprise-wide business intelligence applications,” said Sanju Bansal, chief operating officer, MicroStrategy.
All Teradata Accelerate packages are available now.
Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) is the world’s largest company focused on raising intelligence through data warehousing and enterprise analytics. Teradata is in more than 60 countries and on the web at Teradata.com.
# # #
Teradata and the Teradata logo are registered trademarks of Teradata Corporation and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and worldwide.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.