Day Software Announces General Availability of CQ5.1
Revolutionary content management platform facilitates creativity and optimizes Web channel, driving customer acquisition and growth
Basel, Switzerland and Newport Beach, CA - Day Software (SWX:DAYN, OTCQX:DYIHY), a leading provider of global content management software, today announced general availability of CQ5.1, unveiling major transformations to the company’s Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform and Web Content Management (WCM) application. The product includes trend-setting ease-of-use for both Marketing and IT and leapfrogs ease-to-use to promote ‘fun-of-use’ for both business users and IT developers.
CQ5.1 provides a revolutionary ECM platform that enables CMOs and CIOs to fully leverage the Web as the most cost-effective channel for global marketing and corporate growth initiatives. For Marketing, the product provides point-and-click ease for designing and publishing dynamic, interactive, Web 2.0 websites. For IT, it provides point-and-click ease for configuring and managing a content computing cloud, scalable for hosting any number of Web sites or content applications.
Day’s CQ5.1 combines a suite of business applications for WCM, Digital Asset Management (DAM), and Social Collaboration built atop Day CRX, a modular, standards-compliant content repository based on a commercial implementation of the Apache Jackrabbit and Sling open source projects. Modernizing the CMS user experience, CQ5.1 adds new capabilities for content analytics, content targeting, social tagging and social search. Coupled with a new business process management (BPM) engine and upgraded virtual repository for publishing content from legacy silos like Microsoft Sharepoint, CQ5.1 is a complete platform for interactive marketing that promotes swift end-user adoption and accelerates online initiatives while lowering IT operational costs.
A major update, CQ5.1 was thoroughly tested during an early access program, when Day added enhancements designed to ensure a seamless update to existing Day CQ installations. Several early access customers, including University of Phoenix, City of Zurich and Messe Frankfurt provided testimonials on their experiences with CQ5 at Day’s annual Global Customer Summit in Basel, Switzerland in October 2008.
“In today’s economy, CIOs worry about having to cut costs while maintaining operational efficiency to support a company’s key growth initiatives. CQ5.1 enables IT to partner with marketing to unleash their creativity on the online channel to drive customer acquisition, loyalty and retention,” said Erik Hansen, Day’s CEO. “CQ5.1’s unmatched user experience helps marketers build their customer community, giving them a competitive edge in a turbulent economy.”
CQ5.1’s new capabilities for marketers include:
* Fun-of-Use. Web 2.0 / AJAX user experience with WYSIWYG page design, rich drag-and-drop, in-context menu selections, in-context content authoring and in-context digital asset editing.
* Web 2.0 Component Library. Library of Web components for easily constructing a Web 2.0 site, including components for building online forms and integrating over 40,000 existing Google gadgets directly on a Web page.
* Content Analytics. In-context reporting for analyzing site visitor traffic and keyword effectiveness, leveraging Day’s integrated content run-time and any third-party analytics vendor, such as Google.
* Content Targeting. Tag-based rules support for targeting content and content promotions based on user profiles and clickstream behavior.
* In-Context Targeting Rule Simulation. First-of-its-kind clickstream cloud to enable content publishers to transparently test targeting rules prior to production deployment for continuous improvement in site personalization.
* Social Tagging. Simple – and social – tagging of Web pages with easy tracking of tag frequency and adding suggested tags to an overall approved set of terms in an enterprise taxonomy.
* Social Search. Built-in social intelligence to leverage end-user selection within a search result to improve future discovery, faceted navigation and related search suggestions.
* Point-and-Click Editorial Process Editor. WYSIWYG drag-and-drop editor for creating anything from simple-to-complex business processes – directly as a business user, in the browser, with no IT involvement.
CQ5.1’s new capabilities for IT include:
* Actionscript Support. Rapid development of Adobe Flash components for rich, interactive multimedia site experience.
* Point-and-click Hot Back-up. Support for 24x7 operational up-time with GUI-driven hot online backup.
* Point-and-click Cloud Configuration. Support for rapid scaling across virtual machines and entire farms with GUI-driven, hot-join clustering.
* Point-and-click Disaster Recovery. Support for near-real-time disaster recovery with easy restoration of entire systems from backup archive files.
* CIFS and Eclipse IDE Support. Virtual file-system interface to source code managed within CRX, along with Eclipse plug-ins for easy remote development.
Day is a leading provider of integrated content management, portal and digital asset management software. Day’s technology Communiqué provides an easy-to-understand, quickly applicable framework for standardising and managing all business data, systems, applications and processes via the web.
Day is an international company established in 1993 and listed on the SWX Swiss Exchange since April 2000. Day shares are also traded over the counter (OTC) in the form of American Depositary Receipts (OTCQX:DYIHY). Day’s customers are some of the most important global corporations and include Audi, DaimlerChrysler, Deutsche Post World Net, Deutsche Bank, InterContinental Hotels Group, McDonald’s and Volkswagen.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.