Sony Ericsson takes mobile music into 2009 with the W705 Walkman™ phone and Wireless Home Audio System MBS-900
Building on an array of innovative launches in 2008, Sony Ericsson announces two new products into its mobile music range looking beyond music into 2009 to offer the most state-of-the art mobile music experience.
Liverpool, UK – Introducing advanced wireless connectivity combined with Sony Ericsson’s best-in-class audio experience, the W705 Walkman™ phone and Wireless Home Audio System MBS-900 were unveiled today in conjunction with the MTV Europe Music Awards where Sony Ericsson is one of the main sponsors. The latest products underpin Sony Ericsson’s commitment to provide consumers with an enhanced mobile entertainment experience however they choose to consume media.
Using Wi-Fi™ to connect to broadband hot spots, consumers can use their W705 to go online for the best songs or most popular YouTube™ video clips or stream tunes wirelessly to the stylish MBS-900 speaker via Bluetooth™. With Clear Bass, Clear Stereo and premium headphones, the W705 delivers a sound that has crystal clear clarity and is dynamic, rich and natural.
“We’re really proud of what we have achieved in 2008 with our market leading mobile music range, said Ben Padley, Head of Global Music Marketing at Sony Ericsson. “Combining premium design and best-in-class sound quality with super-fast access to a host of digital content whether it be from PlayNow ™ arena or via the web, we really are offering the most feature-rich mobile music experience available today.”
The W705 features the same superior sound quality as the W980 Walkman™ phone which was rated “best audio experience” in a trial conducted in Germany by TESTfactory*. The W705 includes popular Walkman™ features such as the music recognition application TrackID™, SensMe™, for matching your mood to the music and Shake control to change tracks with the flick of your hand.
Also available on the W705 is PlayNow™ arena which provides a full range of mobile entertainment - unique themes and wallpapers, ring tones, a wealth of free content and of course DRM-free music tracks and TrackID charts from around the world.
The W705 is much more than a music phone. Its exclusive metal finish combines with a large screen in an elegant and compact slider for a professional feel. Use the 3.2 megapixel camera to snap photos of friends and upload them using Wi-Fi to your social networking site for all to see. Can’t see a site properly? Auto rotate between vertical and horizontal mode to view the internet in all its glory.
The new W705
* Award-winning clear audio experience – listen to music as it was meant to be heard
* Desktop direct search to online music – Go online for the best songs and most popular videos on YouTube™
* Wi-Fi™ and DLNA certified™ – connect the way you want
* PlayNow™ arena - a complete range of mobile entertainment
* Shake control – switch tracks and control the volume with the flick of a wrist
* SensMe™ - create playlists based on mood rather than artists or genres
* Large 2.4” screen – view websites and emails with high clarity
* Automatic rotation – switch from portrait to landscape with just a tilt of the phone
* Google Maps™ for Mobile – never get lost again
* 3.2 megapixel camera – snap and share your favourite images via Bluetooth™
* FM radio with TrackID™ - listen to the radio while on the move
* 4GB memory card – store up to 3900 songs**
To compliment the W705 is the Wireless Home Audio System MBS-900. Perfect for those who want to be first with all the gadgets, the unique innovative design of the Wireless Home Audio System MBS-900 makes a real stylish statement in a home. The MBS-900 connects wirelessly to your mobile phone through Bluetooth™ giving crystal-clear sound through the high quality, dual speaker and sub-woofer system.
The Wireless Home Audio System MBS-900 is a complete speaker system to be proud of. Make the most of a wireless world and adjust the music settings from the other side of the room with your phone, or use the touch controls on the speaker for smooth control of the music. Users can even listen to the built-in radio and make a phone call at the same time, or if the phone rings the speakers will cleverly automatically mute. Just plug the Wireless Home Audio System MBS-900 into a power socket, sit back and enjoy!
The new Wireless Home Audio System MBS-900
Let your music take shape
* Unique and innovative design – make a statement in your home
* 2.1 audio for a complete audio experience
* Stream music wirelessly – supports Bluetooth™ A2DP and AVRCP profile
* Transfer music from PC and MP3 using the 3.5 line-in function
* Built-in FM receiver – listen to the radio independently of the phone
* Control music settings with your mobile phone or speaker touch keys
* Monochrome OLED display – view track names in all their glory as well as music settings such as bass and treble.
* Call coming in? - Music mutes
Also announced today is the W705u Walkman™. UMA enables users to seamlessly roam between the mobile network and local area networks thanks to GSM/Wi-Fi™ dual capabilities. The W705u is exclusive to the operator Orange in markets where Orange is present.
The W705 and W705u (exclusive to Orange) support GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS/HSPA 900/2100. W705 will be available in selected markets from Q1 2009 in the colours Luxury Silver and Passionate Red. W705u (exclusive to Orange) will be available from Q1 2009 in the colour.
The Wireless Home Audio System MBS-900 will be available from Q1 2009
The Sony Ericsson W705 Walkman™ phone at a glance
* 3.2 megapixel camera
* Up to 3.2x digital zoom
* Photo fix
* Photo light
* Video light
* Video recording
* Picture blogging
* PictBridge printing
* Video blogging
* Walkman™ player
* Clear Stereo
* Clear Bass
* Album art
* Bluetooth™ stereo (A2DP)
* Music tones (MP3/AAC)
* Shake control
* Access NetFront™ Web browser
* Web feeds
* Photo feeds
* Polyphonic ringtones
* Vibrating alert
* Video calling
* Picture messaging (MMS)
* Predictive text input
* Sound recorder
* Text messaging (SMS)
* Instant messaging
* Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync™
* Chat view
* Navigation key
* Auto rotate
* Picture wallpaper
* Wallpaper animation
* 3D games
* Motion gaming
* FM radio with RDS
* Video streaming
* Video viewing
* Bluetooth™ technology
* USB mass storage
* USB support
* DLNA Certified™
* Alarm clock
* Flight mode
* Phone book
* Geo tagging of photos
* Google Maps™
* Battery charger
* 4GB Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™)
* USB cable
* Stereo PHF
* Sony Ericsson PC Suite
* Media Manager
* User guide
* Wireless Home Audio System MBS-900
* Stereo Bluetooth™ Headset HBH-DS205
* Noise Cancelling Headphones HPM-88
Facts and Figures
* Size: 95 x 47.5 x 14.3 mm
* Weight: 98 grams
* Luxury Silver
* Passionate Red
* Screen: 262,144 colour TFT
* Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels
* Size: 2.4 inches
* Phone memory: Up to 120MB
* Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™) support
* Talk time GSM/GPRS: Up to 10 hrs
* Standby time GSM/GPRS: Up to 400 hrs
* Talk time UMTS: Up to 4 hours
* Standby time UMTS: Up to 350 hours
* Video talk time: Up to 3 hours
* Music listening time: Up to 20 hours
Availability and versions
* W705 and W705u:
* GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
* UMTS/HSPA 900/2100
* Available in selected markets from early Q1 2009.
The Sony Ericsson Wireless Home Audio System MBS-900 at a glance
* 2.1 audio (left, right and subwoofer)
* Built-in FM radio
* Monochrome OLED display
* Touch control and music settings for bas and treble
* 3.5mm line-in
* Bluetooth™ A2DP and AVRCP
* Wireless Home Audio System MBS-900
* Power cable
* External antenna connector
* FM antenna cord
* User guide
* One year warranty
Facts and Figures
* Size: 200 mm (diameter)
* Weight: 2.3 kg
* Colour: White
* Compatibility: Phones with A2DP and AVRCP profiles
Availability and versions
* Available in selected markets from Q1 2009
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant.
2) Talk and standby times are affected by network preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. games. Kit contents and colour options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market.
* The TESTfactory is an independent testing laboratory of Motor Presse Stuttgart, which is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001 and is accredited in accordance with ISO / IEC 17025.
**Assumes eAAC+ encoded files
© Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, 2008.
The liquid identity, TrackID and PlayNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony and Walkman are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.
TrackID is powered by Gracenote Mobile MusicID. Gracenote and Gracenote Mobile MusicID are trademarks of Gracenote, Inc.
Bluetooth is a trademark or registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc.
Picture blogging is powered by Blogger. Blogger, YouTube and Google Maps are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc. Google is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc.
Wayfinder and Wayfinder Navigator are trademarks or registered trademarks of Wayfinder Systems AB.
Java and all Java-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
DLNA CERTIFIED, the disc design and all related logos are certification marks of Digital Living Network Alliance in the United States and other countries.
Microsoft and Exchange ActiveSync are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
WiFi™ is a trademark or a registered trademark of the WiFi Alliance.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Subject to change without prior notice.
Sony Ericsson is a top global industry player with sales of over 100 million phones in 2007. Diversity is one of the core strengths of the company, with operations in over 80 countries including manufacturing in China and R&D sites in China, Europe, India, Japan and North America. Sony Ericsson was established as a 50:50 joint venture by Sony and Ericsson in October 2001, with global corporate functions located in London.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.