Cisco to Reveal Latest Global Research On Effectiveness of Corporate Data Protection Policies
What: On Tuesday, October 28, 2008, top security executives from Cisco will host an Internet TV broadcast that continues the company’s broadcast series on data leakage. This session will reveal additional global research that shifts the spotlight from common employee risks and data leakage mistakes to companies and the effectiveness of their data protection policies. The program will cover:
* A recap of the first broadcast (http://tools.cisco.com/cmn/jsp/index.jsp?id=79228) on the most common data leakage risks and mistakes employees make around the world and their rationale for committing them.
* Real-world views of how the threat landscape affects data leakage, such as insider threats, data-specific attack trends, identity theft, and more.
* The state of corporate data protection and security policies - Do companies around the world have policies in place? How are security policies communicated? How are employees educated? Are security policies aligned with the reality of employees’ jobs? Why do employees break policy?
* Recommended practices from security practitioners on how to establish, communicate and evolve corporate data protection policies.
* Live Q&A: Media and analysts can ask questions throughout the broadcast.
Who: John N. Stewart, Cisco chief security officer; Nasrin Rezai, senior director of information security at Cisco; Christopher Burgess, Cisco senior security adviser; Marie Hattar (host), vice president of network systems and security solutions.
When: Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2008, 8 - 9 a.m. PDT
Where: The Internet TV broadcast can be accessed at the URL below. No registration required. Go to the URL Oct. 28 at 8 a.m. PDT and click “Play” to launch the live presentation.
Technical Assistance: Attendees that experience difficulties connecting can contact support at 1 866 614-0208 or 617 778-9652. Phone support is available 30 minutes prior to and after the event, as well as during the videocast. Attendees may also submit an Online Support Request to CiscoTV_help@external.cisco.com or email@example.com if necessary.
Interviews: To schedule press interviews after the broadcast, please e-mail Neil Wu Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 408 525-7415.
To schedule analyst interviews after the broadcast, please contact Todd Hanson, email@example.com or call 408 853-8255.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo and Cisco Systems are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.