From Start to Finish, Xerox Boosts Productivity of Nuvera Printers with New Automation Software and Finishing Options That Deliver More Profitable Black-and-White Print Jobs
ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) has made it easier for print providers to streamline production processes and expand the types of black-and-white print jobs they can create, such as books, manuals, postcards and invoices.
New productivity features for the Xerox Nuvera™ EA line of digital black-and-white production systems include integration with FreeFlow™ Print Server version 7, the company’s most powerful print server. In addition, new in-line finishing options tape bind, stitch, fold, trim, cut and stack high-quality documents with minimal operator involvement.
“Imagine a printing process that is ’lights out,’” said Quincy Allen, president, Xerox Production Systems Group. “That means the entire printing process from job submission through finishing is completely automated - increasing the profitability of every job that comes through the shop. And when about 85 percent of all digital pages are still printed in black and white, that additional productivity adds up to real dollars for printers.”
FreeFlow Print Server version 7 builds on the success of Xerox’s FreeFlow DocuSP® platform, used in more than 40,000 in-plant facilities and graphic communications companies worldwide. FreeFlow Print Server version 7 supports the Xerox Nuvera™ 288 EA Perfecting Production System and the Xerox Nuvera 100/120/144 EA Production Systems and offers:
* A graphically rich user interface allowing operators to handle most jobs with minimal training.
* Expanded workflow capabilities that make it easy to submit jobs.
* New security features and support for IPv6, Internet infrastructure government standards.
New in-line finishing options for the Xerox Nuvera EA family include:
* Xerox Tape Binder easily produces bound books and manuals from 15-125 sheets.
* Xerox Basic Finishing Module Direct Connect is a stapling and stacking system that provides a direct interface to some third-party finishing devices.
* C.P. Bourg PowerSquare ™ Booklet Maker combines stitching, folding, spine formatting and trimming to produce SquareBack™ books of up to 200 pages.
* Lasermax Roll Systems DocuSheeter™ NV-R unwinder enhances roll-fed workflows by directing 50" diameter rolls into a module that cuts single sheets, which are rotated and fed on demand into a Xerox Nuvera EA Production System. The sheet rotation feature is ideal for applications such as perfect-bound, case-bound and saddle-stitched documents.
Unique Options for Xerox Nuvera 288 EA Perfecting Production System
The latest enhancements for the Xerox Nuvera 288 EA Perfecting Production System are debuting at Graph Expo, the printing industry’s largest annual exhibition in North America, Oct. 26-29 in Chicago. Enhancements to the industry’s fastest digital duplex monochrome cut-sheet printer are:
* CEM DocuConverter™ cuts, slits and stacks oversized printed sheets with multiple images to deliver complete document sets on a convenient conveyor, ready for offline or near-line finishing.
* A high-capacity sheet-fed module that expands the media range to accommodate paper sizes up to 12.6“ x 19.3” that are ideal for producing 4-up book blocks that can be trimmed to 6“ x 9” finished book applications.
Commercial print shop Henry Wurst, based in Denver, purchased a Xerox Nuvera 288 EA earlier this year. “The Nuvera has allowed us to cut the time it takes to print a 2,500 postcard job from 45 minutes to 15,” said Cliff Randall, digital print manager, Henry Wurst. “Our customers are also responding to the print quality because of clearer, more defined text and graphics.”
The Xerox Nuvera EA line of finishing enhancements is immediately available worldwide through Xerox direct sales representatives. The FreeFlow Print Server version 7 comes standard with all Xerox Nuvera EA configurations.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.