New Version of CA Insight Database Performance Monitor for Distributed Databases Maximizes Service Availability by Centralizing Database Management
In-context Integration with CA’s Application, Network and Systems Performance Management Solutions Delivers Faster Resolution of Performance Issues
* CA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CA) today announced CA Insight Database Performance Monitor (DPM) r11.2.4, a product that enables business, operations, and database staff to better understand and manage database performance to maximize service availability.
* CA Insight DPM r11.2.4 provides centralized monitoring, collection, and alerting of current and potential database issues across major database vendors on Linux, UNIX and Windows® (LUW) systems. It allows customers to view an “at-a-glance” performance summary, a health index of all monitored databases in one browser-based interface.
* As a part of CA’s Service Availability solution, CA Insight DPM provides detailed information to the database staff, and gives customers visibility into database health and alarms from within their leading CA application, network and systems management solutions: CA Wily Introscope, CA eHealth Network Performance Manager (NPM), CA SPECTRUM Network Fault Manager (NFM), and CA NSM. This comprehensive integration helps improve collaboration between the IT operations domains, which leads to faster resolution of performance issues across IT.
* This release is one of 10 new and enhanced Enterprise IT Management (EITM) and Governance solutions CA has announced today to help organizations address IT management issues intensified by today’s challenging economy by better adapting to change, capitalizing on new opportunities and controlling costs.
* “As a top financial services company, our customers rely on a high quality of service,” said Brian Dwiggins, IT Operations, Fidelity National Information Services. “CA Insight DPM helps us to quickly respond to requests for information from both our internal and external customers. The solution’s integration with CA eHealth NPM, CA SPECTRUM NFM, and CA Wily Introscope helps our IT Operations team deliver services with great efficiency.”
* “There is an ever increasing demand for solutions that integrate database management with application, network, and systems management,” said Will Cappelli, research vice president, Gartner. “A unified view of enterprise infrastructure performance helps pinpoint issues and facilitates faster problem resolution before end user applications and service levels are impacted.”
* “CA Insight DPM r11.2.4 demonstrates CA’s continued commitment to expanding the value of investments customers have made in CA management technologies,” said Roger Pilc, corporate senior vice president and general manager of CA’s Infrastructure Management and Data Center Automation business unit. “CA is bringing essential data to non-DBAs, as performance management by silo no longer applies as more Service Oriented Architecture applications are deployed. The ability to reduce complexity and bridge traditional IT silos is fundamental to our efforts to help customers efficiently ensure end-to-end performance of critical business services.”
Key Integrations with CA Solutions
* CA Insight DPM is designed to support IPv6 and comes with built-in integration to the other CA database, application, network and systems management solutions:
o In-context integration with CA Wily Introscope includes dashboards for DB2® for LUW, DB2 for z/OS® supplied by CA Insight DPM for DB2 for z/OS, Oracle®, SQL Server® and Sybase® databases. This helps customers troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly to maintain application availability.
o In-context integration with CA eHealth NPM and CA SPECTRUM NFM includes many reports and views for DB2 for LUW, Oracle, SQL Server and Sybase databases. This provides a comprehensive view of both database and network performance information for correlation of alerts and fault determination, enabling faster problem resolution.
o In-context integration with CA NSM and CA Advanced Systems Management includes a workspace visualization within the CA Unicenter Management Portal scoreboards, Management Command Center, topology map and other CA NSM interfaces. It includes performance information for DB2 for LUW, Oracle, SQL Server and Sybase databases as well as the ability to monitor Microsoft® SQL Server® and Oracle Real Application Clusters. This gives customers the ability to implement consolidated event management for collaboration across IT domains.
CA World 2008
* To learn more about how CA solutions help customers govern, manage and secure IT for greater business value, join the world’s largest gathering of CA customers and partners at CA World 2008, November 16-20, 2008, at The Venetian Congress and Sands Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada.
CA (NASDAQ: CA) is the world’s leading independent IT management software company. With CA’s Enterprise IT Management (EITM) vision and expertise, organizations can more effectively govern, manage and secure IT to optimize business performance and sustain competitive advantage. For more information, visit www.ca.com.
Copyright © 2008 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries, or both. UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries. Microsoft, Windows and SQL Server are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. DB2 and z/OS are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sybase is a trademark of Sybase, Inc. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.