NetMass Announces ServerSafe Version 8.0, a Fully-Automated Remote Backup and Recovery Platform for the Enterprise
NetMass, the safe data company, today unveiled ServerSafe 8.0, the newest version of the company’s remote D2D backup solution. ServerSafe 8.0 introduces enhancements in speed, performance, functionality and reliability for state-of-the-art offsite data protection.
Features of ServerSafe 8.0 include support for MS VSS, support for a grid computing configuration, new encryption key management options, agentless backup and recovery of VMware ESXi, multi-directional data center replication, expanded application support and scalability on demand.
“Organizations are looking to make their business continuity and disaster recovery more efficient and economical,” said Mark Martin, CEO of NetMass. “ServerSafe is ideal for that.”
“ServerSafe 8.0 provides our customers with unparalleled protection as we continue our tradition of exceptional service,” said President and CTO Stephen Perkins.
ServerSafe from NetMass is designed and priced specifically for small and medium-sized companies that need data backed up and moved offsite automatically to secure redundant offsite facilities.
Key features of the platform include:
- Incremental forever methodology. A full backup is processed once, and incremental backups thereafter
- AES data encryption. The Advanced Encryption Standard (up to 256 bit) for seamless data security
- De-duplication technology. New files that are recognized to be identical to files already backed up do not need to be re-sent to the data center
- Hot backups of databases. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL and hot backup and restore of individual mailboxes or messages in Exchange/Outlook, Lotus Notes/Domino and Groupwise
- Bare metal restores. The ability to restore data to machines that are not identical to the original machine
- Continuous data protection. CDP is integrated into the backup application and is user selectable; when turned on, the DS-Client monitors a specified data source and when changes are detected, data is automatically backed up
- Local file restores. Data can be stored locally for fast recovery times (as well as sent over the WAN)
About NetMass. NetMass, the safe data company, provides companies of all sizes secure and reliable remote backup solutions. NetMass provides server backup, database backup, data storage and disaster recovery services. NetMass has offices in Dallas and Houston and partners and clients around the world.
Contact: Michael Reagan
Phone: 1.800.731.2737 Ext. 5151
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- Contact Information
- Michael Reagan
- Director of Marketing
- NetMass, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.