Belkin OmniView® KVM Switches, Titan LCD Rack Console, and Remote IP Device Added to GSA Schedule
Belkin Partners with Summit Government Group to Help Government Agencies Ensure Data Integrity when Switching Between Computers Running on Different Security Levels
(Compton, CA) Belkin today announced that it has been awarded a 4-year General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule Contract for its line of OmniView Secure KVM Switches. Designed specifically for secure military and government applications, the Switch allows users to ensure data integrity by safely switching between computers running on different security levels.
The GSA contract also includes the OmniView SMB 16-Port KVM Switch, OmniView Remote IP Device, and Titan LCD Rack Console with 8-Port KVM Switch.
The contract, GSA # GS-35F-0085U, secured in partnership with Summit Government Group, is effective starting September 1, 2008. Belkin was awarded this GSA schedule contract as part of Summitâ€™s ChannelSelect program, which offers clients both GSA Schedule Agent and Teaming level participation, to enable Belkin to properly position its products, increase its visibility in the government marketplace, and improve its overall effectiveness in selling throughout the complex public sector. The program optimizes the government sales schedule, minimizes channel conflict, leverages government procurement contracts while maximizing margin potential, and decreasing manufacturer administrative overhead.
The GSA is a centralized federal procurement and property management agency created by the U.S. Congress to improve government efficiency and help federal agencies better serve the public. Under the Trade Agreements Act (TAA) of 1979, only products that are manufactured or substantially transformed in the U.S. or designated countries are eligible for government purchase.
OmniView Secure KVM Switch (F1DN102U)
The OmniView Secure KVM Switch enables secure military and government installations to control multiple USB computers from a single USB console. The product provides data integrity by safely switching between computers running on different security levels.
* NIAP Common Criteria validated to EAL 4
* Safely switches between computers running on different security levels
* Dedicated processor per computer port keeps each computer separate and secure at all times
* Non-reprogrammable firmware prevents tampering with KVM logic
* Available in 2-, 4-, or 8-port configurations
OmniView Titan 17" LCD Rack Console with 8-Port KVM Switch (F1DC108C)
Providing a compact centralized server control, the Titan 17" LCD Rack Console offers a KVM Switch as well as independently sliding rails, which allow the premium-grade LCD to remain displayed even with the rack door closed.
* Includes 1x8 KVM Switch
* Slim 1U design
* Fits a standard 19" rack
* Works with any server or KVM switch
OmniView SMB 16-Port CAT5 KVM Switch (F1DP116A-US)
The SMB CAT5 KVM Switch reduces cable clutter and extends the distance between the server and switch to up to 100 feet.
* Enables continuous server uptime using keep-alive intelligence and keyboard and mouse signal emulation
* Saves setup time and simplifies viewing and switching between multiple servers with On-Screen Display
* Port extension up to 100 ft.
* Easily expands your KVM configuration by daisy-chaining up to 16 KVM switches together via dedicated ports
OmniView Remote IP Device with Virtual Media (F1DE101H-US)
The OmniView Remote IP Device provides an easy way to add remote out-of-band access to your existing KVM and server configurations. When connected to a KVM switch, the Device allows you to access and control your servers from anywhere, at anytimeâ€”using a Web browser. This round-the-clock remote access lets you troubleshoot servers faster and more efficiently, dramatically reducing server downtime and service costs.
In addition, the virtual media capability (installation required; software included) allows users to conveniently manage and transfer files between local and remote computers. The Remote IP Device provides secure, BIOS-level access and works with any KVM switch, or may be connected to a single computer.
* Adds one remote user to any KVM switch
* BIOS-level access to servers using a standard web browser
* Secure, 256-bit SSL encryption over a TCP/IP connection
* Supports serial devices, such as PDUs, to perform hard reboots remotely
* Virtual media enables file and image transfers between computers
* Requires no software or licensing fees
* Positions on desktop or mounts to back of rack for 0U installation
Ben Thacker, General Manager of Commercial Products for Belkin International, Inc.:
* The addition of our secure OmniView KVM Switches to the GSA Schedule gives government agencies greater access to Belkin products so that they may ensure the integrity and security of their valuable data.
* This GSA Schedule contract allows us to continue to expand our reach into the government market with our TAA-compliant products.
* With the government sales and marketing expertise of Summit Government Group, we look forward to further serving our government customers and simplifying the acquisition process for procurement managers.
Belkin provides SMB solutions that include KVM switches, LCD rack consoles, and racks and enclosures, in addition to a broad USB and cable product mix. A privately held company founded in California in 1983, Belkin has developed industry-leading innovations, prized by channel partners and end users alike for their dependability, customer service, and comprehensive warranties. Belkin has achieved over 20 consecutive years of dramatic growth and remains committed to making significant strides in the areas of research and design. For product offerings, awards, and further company information, visit www.belkin.com.
Belkin’s phenomenal growth has led to our expanding global presence. In addition to corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, we now have offices throughout Europeâ€”in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Germany, among othersâ€”and in the Asia Pacific region, including Australia, Shanghai, and our regional headquarters in Hong Kong.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.