High-Tech Resellers Name Xerox "Company of the Year" For Workgroup Color Printers
VARBusiness magazine recognition adds to nearly 100 industry awards and honors so far this year
NORWALK, Conn. -- For the sixth time in seven years, Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) has been named the “Overall Winner” and “Company of the Year” in the workgroup color printers category by VARBusiness magazine, a leading industry publication for value-added resellers who market high-technology products, solutions and services. The accolades were based on the publication’s annual survey of more than 5,000 solution providers.
The VARBusiness “Annual Report Card” awards recognize outstanding partner programs in 18 product and service categories. The scores are based on vendor satisfaction ratings. Xerox earned top scores for product innovation and support, surpassing all competitors in the workgroup color printer category. Xerox received the honor at a ceremony on August 18 during the gathering of channel professionals at the XChange ’08 Conference in Dallas.
“For 23 years we’ve asked Solution Providers to grade their vendor partners on criteria such as product quality and innovation, partner programs and support,” said Robert C. DeMarzo, senior vice president and editorial director, Everything Channel editorial. “The results of these grades make up the VARBusiness Annual Report Card which reflects the level of commitment vendors have to the channel and to their Solution Provider partners. Congratulations to Xerox for this most deserved recognition.”
This latest channel recognition comes on the heels of an award-winning start to 2008 for Xerox. During the first half of the year, Xerox products and document management solutions have received nearly 100 awards and honors worldwide, with over half of them recognizing Xerox’s leadership and innovation in color printing.
Xerox office products earned top recognition from numerous independent industry influencers. Buyer’s Laboratory Inc (BLI), a leading independent testing lab, recently honored Xerox Office products with three coveted “Pick of the Year” awards for the WorkCentre™ 7242 color multifunction system, and the Phaser™ 3250 and Phaser 5550 monochrome printers. Additional Office product highlights include:
* The Phaser 6180MFP color multifunction printer was selected by PC World readers as the “Top Choice” in the color printing category.
* The low-cost Phaser™ 6125 color laser printer was given a “Recommended Product” award by L’Ordinateur Individuel in France.
* APC Magazine in Russia selected the 42 page-per-minute Phaser 6360DN color laser printer as a “Best of the Year 2007” printer for large workgroups.
* The WorkCentre 5632/5655/5675 monochrome multifunction systems all received BERTL’s “5-Star, Exceptional” rating.
Xerox’s proprietary solid ink technology continues to be a prominent player in the Office printing industry. It has been recognized for its ease of use and innovative cartridge-free technology that requires minimal packaging and generates 90 percent less waste than comparable laser printers. This spring, the Phaser™ 8560MFP was named a “BERTL’s Best” recipient as the “Best Office/Small Workgroup Ink-Based MFP.”
In the production printing market, Xerox systems garnered worldwide attention at various tradeshows and from editorial reviews. The Xerox 8265 Color Wide Format Printer was named “Best in Show” in the wide-format printing category at this year’s AIIM/On Demand tradeshow. Additionally, Wide-Format Imaging magazine awarded the Xerox 6204 Wide Format Solution a “Readers’ Choice Top Product of 2008” designation. Other awards in the high-volume production space include:
* The Xerox Nuvera™ EA Digital Production System, DocuColor™ 7000/8000AP Digital Press, DocuColor™ 242/252/260 Digital Color Printer/Copier and Xerox 4112/4127 Enterprise Printing System earned Better Buys for Business “Editor’s Choice” designations in the 2008 High-Volume Printer & Digital Duplicator Guides.
* Digital Imaging Marketing Association awarded the DocuColor™ 5000 Digital Press with Xerox Document Binder 120-D/Coverbind 101 DFS and the Xerox FreeFlow™ Printer Server with JPEG plug-in its “Innovative Digital Product Award.”
Xerox software applications have been highly recognized for helping enterprises and small offices better manage their document workflow. Xerox’s DocuShare™ 6.0 and DocuShare CPX 6.0 content management systems were awarded “Pick of the Year” as Outstanding Enterprise Content Management Solution by BLI. BERTL Inc also selected DocuShare as “Best ECM Scalable from SMB to Enterprise” in its annual “BERTL’s Best” awards.
Xerox will continue to exhibit award-winning offerings at various industry events throughout the remainder of the year including Graph Expo in Chicago, Interface in Seattle and Digital Focus in New York.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.