CA Enhances Mainframe Management Solutions Across Operating Systems
Improves z/OS® Management, z/VSE Tape Management and z/VM® Directory Management
ISLANDIA, N.Y., – CA (NASDAQ: CA) today announced its plan to release a wide range of enhancements to its industry-leading mainframe management software for the z/OS®, z/VSE, and z/VM® platforms, empowering customers to derive optimum business value from their investments in mainframe infrastructure. The announcement was made at the SHARE Conference and Trade Show in San Jose, Calif.
The enhancements, which are currently available or planned for short-term release, underscore CA’s ongoing commitment to meeting the evolving needs of its global customers, who are becoming increasingly dependent on their mainframes to deliver highly reliable processing-intensive IT services to internal and external constituencies. By taking advantage of CA’s enhanced solutions, IT organizations can better scale their service delivery capabilities, meet end users’ performance expectations, maintain 24x7 availability, and address compliance requirements within their existing resource constraints.
“The mainframe is undergoing a major renaissance as IT decision-makers recognize how its cost-effective and energy-efficient scalability, reliability and security make it the ideal platform to satisfy intensive business requirements,” said Mark Combs, senior vice president of CA’s Mainframe Business Unit. “Our latest enhancements demonstrate that CA continues to deliver the solutions necessary to exploit the mainframe’s full economic potential.”
The current and planned product enhancements include:
Extended z/OS Management
* CA SymDump Batch r8 – integrates with CA Endevor Software Change Manager to help customers more quickly identify and resolve application dumps to better safeguard system stability and reliability.
* CA Spool r11.5 – includes IPv6 support and new drivers for remote printing support—as well as IBM® z/OS® C/C++ run time compiler support, enabling better use of new IBM hardware features
* CA Database Management r11.5 SP2 for DB2® for z/OS – gives customers greater visibility into and control over their DB2 for z/OS database environments through new metrics, statistics for zIIP usage and other enhancements.
* CA Datacom r11 SP4 – supports 24x7 data requirements by enabling near real-time replication of data with very minimal overhead – while also supporting data access and business logic in single high-performing SQL procedures"
* CA Endevor SCM r12 SP1 – features a simplified installation process and helps organizations better control the development-and-release process.
* CA ACF2 r12 and CA Top Secret r12 SP2 – allow additional security attributes to be shared with distributed LDAP directories, and include compliance-reporting enhancements.
Simplified z/VSE Tape Management
* CA Dynam for z/VSE 7.1 – simplifies tape data set processing standards, including support for IBM’s new hardware-based tape encryption, automation of encrypted tape processing, and automated ejection of tapes from robotic devices at close of file.
Enhanced z/VM Directory Management
* CA VM:Secure r2.8 SP1 and CA VM:Director r2.8 SP1 – can be called by IBM Director and other Linux provisioning products for defining Linux guests, allocating storage to the guests, and performing other z/VM directory administration tasks.
“As the volume and complexity of our mainframe workloads keep growing, we need management tools that ensure our ability to keep pace—despite the resource constraints we face in IT,” said Rich Resnick, Manager of Systems and Operations, University Community Hospital, a not-for profit community hospital network strategically represented throughout the Tampa, Fla. Metropolitan area. “By continuing to add high-value features and functionality to its already-rich management solutions portfolio, CA has demonstrated its ongoing commitment to fulfilling this need.”
The products will be made available under CA’s flexible licensing options, including traditional MIPS pricing. They also will be available under industry-standard MSUs for z/OS and z/VSE products.
Participation at SHARE
CA is participating in nearly 40 sessions at SHARE on technology and best practices for managing the mainframe environment. Topics include exploiting specialty engines, achieving high availability and SOA enablement, managing Linux servers, and planning for the future of the mainframe workforce. CA will demonstrate its solutions in the SHARE Technology Exchange Expo and executives from the company’s Mainframe Business Unit will be available for in-depth discussions.
CA (NASDAQ: CA) is the world’s leading independent IT management software company. With CA’s Enterprise IT Management (EITM) vision and expertise, organizations can more effectively govern, manage and secure IT to optimize business performance and sustain competitive advantage. For more information, visit www.ca.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.