Oracle Delivers New Release of World’s #1 Application Server: Oracle® WebLogic Server 10g Release 3
Accelerated Release of Oracle’s New Strategic Application Server Includes New Integration with Oracle Fusion Middleware and Demonstrates Commitment to BEA Customers
Redwood Shores, Calif, 11-AUG-2008
* Quickly following the July 1, 2008 announcement of the Oracle(r) Fusion Middleware strategy and plans for integration of BEA products, Oracle today delivered Oracle WebLogic Server 10g R3.
* Oracle WebLogic Server 10g R3 is among the first of a number of products that combine technology from Oracle Fusion Middleware and BEA Systems. These products illustrate the rapid progress that Oracle is making in combining market-leading technologies from the two companies into a unified product offering.
* Oracle WebLogic Server 10g R3 is the cornerstone of Oracle WebLogic Suite, a comprehensive foundation for enterprise applications and SOA, supporting scale-out application grids, adaptive systems management and predictable performance.
* Oracle WebLogic Server includes new features and capabilities, as well as integration with other strategic Oracle Fusion Middleware products such as Oracle JDeveloper, Oracle Coherence, and Oracle TopLink, as well as Oracle Enterprise Manager.
* Oracle WebLogic Server (formerly BEA WebLogic Server) is Oracle’s strategic application server and this accelerated release demonstrates the company’s rapid integration and strategic post-merger execution.
* Oracle WebLogic Server 10g R3 extends Oracle’s hot-pluggable middleware strategy for flexibility and investment protection. Hot-pluggable capabilities enable customers to “drop and deploy” various Oracle Fusion Middleware products into their current IT environments. This release also supports a variety of development environments, including Eclipse, Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle WebLogic Workshop 10.3.
* Oracle WebLogic Server 10g R3 remains the Application Server standards leader with new support for Java SE 6, new security standards including SAML 2.0, WS-Security 1.1 and WS-SecurityPolicy 1.2, and, in Web services JAX-WS 2.1, WS-Reliable Messaging 1.1 and WS-Policy 1.5. Oracle WebLogic Server 10g R3 was early to implement Java EE 5 in March 2007.
* Oracle WebLogic Server 10g R3 brings a new level of improved developer and end-user experience, offering a lighter-weight footprint, optional service startup, and faster startup, while the new FastSwap feature provides seamless and rapid develop-debug-test cycles
* Oracle WebLogic Server 10g R3’s support for Spring developers is further expanded so developers can enjoy the Spring experience with the broad capabilities, stability, and manageability of Oracle WebLogic.
* The new HTTP publish-subscribe feature enables improved out-of-the-box capability for support of dynamically updated Web 2.0 style rich user interfaces.
* Support for Java SE 6 and JRockit Mission Control allows developers and end-users to get more performance and insight into application behavior and responsiveness.
* “The accelerated release of Oracle WebLogic Server 10g R3 demonstrates our commitment to BEA customers to quickly deliver new integrations with Oracle Fusion Middleware,” said Thomas Kurian, senior vice president, Oracle Fusion Middleware. “As the number one middleware provider, we plan to continue providing a complete and pre-integrated middleware suite that allows our customers to develop and deploy applications on the Internet.”
# Supporting Resources
Related Press Releases
# Number 1 in Middleware: Oracle Unveils BEA’s Role in Product Strategy for Next-generation Middleware: http://www.oracle.com/corporate/press/2008_jul/middlewarestrategywebcast.html?rssid=rss_ocom_pr
# Oracle Completes Acquisition of BEA Systems: http://www.oracle.com/corporate/press/2008_apr/bea-closes-rls.html
# Oracle to Acquire BEA Systems: http://www.oracle.com/corporate/press/2008_jan/bea.html
# Oracle Expert Blogs Steve Harris: http://www.oracle.com/products/middleware/ofmradio.html
# David Chappell: http://blogs.oracle.com/davidchappell/
# Podcasts, Webcasts, Datasheets and Product Brochures July 1 Webcast Replay: http://www.oracle.com/webapps/events/EventsDetail.jsp?p_eventId=81641&src=6652055&src=6652055&Act=11
# For datasheets, product brochures and a complete list of podcasts, including: What’s Happening to My Product; WebCenter and Portal Convergence; WebCenter Services - E2.0 for Existing Portals; SOA Suite Combination; SOA Governance Strategy; Tuxedo Strategy; Overall Application Server Strategy, go to: http://www.oracle.com/products/middleware/bea.html
# Related Resources Oracle WebLogic Server 10g: http://www.oracle.com/appserver/docs/weblogic-server-ee-datasheet.pdf
# Oracle WebLogic Suite: http://www.oracle.com/appserver/weblogic/weblogic-suite.html
# The New SOA Standards: http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/standards/soa-standards.html
# Information and Updates on the BEA Integration: http://www.oracle.com/products/middleware/bea.html
# What customers are saying: http://www.oracle.com/products/middleware/bea-quotes.html
# What partners are saying: http://www.oracle.com/products/middleware/bea-quotes.html#partners
# Analyst Reports
# Independent Analyst Reports Regarding Oracle Software: http://www.oracle.com/corporate/analyst/reports/index.html
About Oracle Fusion Middleware
Oracle Fusion Middleware is a comprehensive, pre-integrated and hot-pluggable product line used by more than 77,000 customers worldwide in every industry. The comprehensive, standards-based family of middleware infrastructure products - ranging from the #1 Java application server to leading Enterprise 2.0 portals and content management products - provides companies and the public sector with the technology solutions they need when they need them. Oracle Fusion Middleware products are pre-integrated with one another and with Oracle Database and Applications products to enable a lower cost of ownership. Unique hot-pluggable capabilities allow customers to extend existing investments in heterogeneous IT environments. Oracle Fusion Middleware is supported by an ecosystem of more than 11,000 independent software vendors, value-added resellers and system integrators. For additional information visit: http://www.oracle.com/middleware.
# # #
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.