CA Access Control Improves Ability to Address Compliance Requirements and Helps Avoid Data Loss Through Enhanced Infrastructure
CA Access Control Premium Edition Further Strengthens CA’s Position in Host Access Management
ISLANDIA, N.Y- CA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CA) today announced the release of CA Access Control Premium Edition. Offering cross-platform creation, deployment and management of complex, specific, role-based access controls for servers, CA Access Control Premium Edition delivers capabilities that help facilitate customers’ IT security and compliance with legal, corporate and government regulations.
CA Access Control Premium Edition is one of three CA Access Control Premium Edition announced today. These three products—CA Identity Manager, CA Access Control Premium Edition and a new product, CA Security Compliance Manager—join seven other CA IAM products announced in October and November 2007 as part of CA IAM r12. The IAM r12 products are designed to help manage the identity lifecycle and provide robust IT security controls, analysis and proof of compliance, and automation of compliance processes.
“There are two ’Cs’ often associated with identity and access management initiatives: Compliance, which is one of the main business drivers for an IAM deployment, and Complexity, which can be one of the biggest challenges organizations face as they roll out a solution,” said Dave Arbeitel, vice president of product management, CA Security Management. “The CA IAM r12 products announced today address both of those ’C’ issues by delivering new IAM capabilities that help organizations address various regulatory mandates, and that ease the complexity often associated with IAM deployments.”
CA Access Control Premium Edition delivers several important capabilities designed to help facilitate customers’ various compliance challenges associated with IT security:
* Policy-Based Compliance Reporting – Producing event-based reports about past actions is not sufficient for compliance audits today. Demonstrating compliance also requires the ability to proactively report and highlight policy status at any given time. CA Access Control Premium Edition delivers compliance reporting through:
* Out-of-the-Box Policy Reports that proactively aggregate cross-platform data and show detailed information on entitlements and the current status of policies. These reports complement event-based auditing to monitor compliance requirements and highlight existing discrepancies.
* Open Policy Reporting that allows for data feeds to third party relational database management systems for additional custom reporting. Interoperability with external systems allows reporting flexibility to help meet internal standards or auditor requests.
* Advanced Enterprise Policy Management – CA Access Control Premium Edition has optimized the policy management infrastructure to accommodate large deployments and improve operational efficiency. This helps reduce deployment and maintenance costs while increasing the flexibility to handle new security requirements.
* An Advanced Policy Architecture scales policy management to large and diverse server environments using an automated distribution and end-point update system. This enables the management of thousands of endpoints from a single server.
* Logical Host Grouping clarifies complex, cross-platform policy environments and simplifies administration tasks by allowing administrators to construct logical host groups and deployment rules for streamlined policy deployment, versioning, and change management.
* A Common Web User Interface consolidates information about policies and host groups from all platforms and facilitates policy administration from a centralized management interface.
* Managing Access to Virtual Environments – CA Access Control Premium Edition now helps provide protection for an extended list of operating system versions running as guests within a virtual machine as well as the operating systems hosting and managing virtualization sessions.
* Platforms Supported: VMWare® ESX, Sun® Solaris™ 10 Zones, Microsoft® Virtual Server, Linux® XEN, IBM® AIX® LPAR, HP-UX VPAR and z/VM®.
* Standards Support – CA Access Control Premium Edition provides support for IPv6, the newest version of Internet Protocol which expands the internet address space, and FIPS140-2, which outlines U.S. government security cryptography standards.
“We’ve been working with CA for several years to support our IT management across multiple IT disciplines, including security and identity and access management,” said Martin Garn, director of Platform Engineering, Brigham Young University. “This release of CA Access Control includes several enhancements that address our needs from a reporting position, and the updated user interface to simplify policy management across platforms helped cut administration time during our beta test. We look forward to our official roll-out.”
Customers seeking assistance with their identity and access management deployments can turn to various CA business partners ranging from global systems integrators to specialized identity management solution providers, or to CA Services which offers Rapid Implementation services that take advantage of best practices and methodologies from hundreds of successful security deployments. CA business partners and CA Services help enable rapid time to value for enterprise deployments of CA Access Control and entire identity and access management systems.
CA Access Control is among eight new and updated products announced by CA today that help customers lower IT operations costs, manage risk, and improve security and compliance processes. The products support CA’s Enterprise IT Management (EITM) vision by providing customers like Colruyt with the capabilities to better govern, manage and secure IT for better business results. According to Colruyt, the consolidated reporting in CA Access Control helps it be more transparent in its security and compliance initiatives.
CA Access Control Premium Edition is available today. For further information about CA’s Identity and Access Management products, please visit http://ca.com/us/it-security-solutions.aspx.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.