Absolute Presents Laptop Management and Data Breach Prevention Webinar on June 11
Vancouver, Canada. – Absolute® Software Corporation (“Absolute” or the “Company”) (TSX: ABT), the leading provider of firmware-based, patented, Computer Theft Recovery, Data Protection and Secure Asset Tracking™ solutions announced that it will present a webinar on June 11, 2008 featuring the first-hand laptop management and data breach prevention experiences of Allina Hospitals & Clinics. During the 60-minute event, speakers from Allina and computer manufacturer Lenovo will discuss best practices for managing laptops using the highly-regulated healthcare industry as an example.
Date: June 11, 2008
Time: 2:00 pm ET
Duration: 1 hour
To Register: www.healthdatamanagement.com/web_seminars/26161-1.html
Topics covered will include how Allina Hospitals and Clinics:
* Saved more than $400,000 in a single quarter by reallocating its Lenovo notebooks
* Recovered more than 75% of its stolen computers
* Remotely deleted sensitive information to enhance regulatory compliance
* Inventoried more than 95% of its mobile computers using Computrace embedded in the BIOS of its computers
Learning outcomes include:
* Gaps in current notebook security programs
* The importance of remote data delete and theft recovery capabilities
* Common misconceptions about encryption on laptops
* How notebooks can be managed when off the LAN
* How Computrace works on Lenovo notebooks
* Brad Myrvold, System’s Manager of Desktop Technology for Allina Hospitals & Clinics
* Stacy Cannady, CISSP, Product Manager, Security, Lenovo
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.