AT&T Launches Encryption Services to Help Businesses Secure E-Mail and Data
AT&T Expands Managed Security Services Portfolio
San Antonio, Texas.- AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) has announced the availability of managed security services that help businesses better protect their data — AT&T Encryption ServicesSM. This offer is designed to help protect companies from data loss and leakage while also addressing regulatory-compliance concerns, the non-repudiation of data and privacy issues.
AT&T Encryption Services, the most recent addition to AT&T’s enterprise security portfolio, is focused on the protection of information by providing encryption services and management of digital signatures “in the cloud.”
Some of the capabilities of AT&T Encryption Services include e-mail confidentiality to help prevent unauthorized parties from accessing critical messages and attachments, authentication of the e-mail sender, as well as non-repudiation: a validation of the integrity of the e-mail message and its contents that ensures the recipient that the message was not modified.
The AT&T Encryption Services portfolio has additional features including:
* Encrypted Mail: Developed to encrypt e-mail messages and attachments on the personal computer, this offer supports Outlook, Lotus Notes, Outlook Express, BlackBerry® and Webmail.
* Encrypted Mail Gateway: An enterprise policy-management filter transparently determines whether e-mail should be encrypted. It features industry-trusted encryption standards such as PKI, X.509 and S/MIME and includes a message-pickup center for nonsubscribers.
* Encrypted Mail Exchange: This enables businesses to establish groups within a message-exchange platform, which provides full encryption services for e-mail and e-mail attachments. This is designed for organizations that need to secure messaging for distinct groups within the organization, such as human resources and accounting. It features audit trail reports and compliance with Industry Auditing Rules and Regulations.
* Encrypted Documents: This feature establishes the secure exchange of sensitive information between an individual and a user group by encrypting folder or network drives and all of the data contained within them. The Encrypted Documents feature reduces internal data leakage and theft of confidential data, as well as provides compliance with industry regulations when handling confidential information.
* Encrypted Document Delivery: This offer provides the functionality to replace regular postal communications used for statements, invoices and notices with secure, signed and trusted e-mail messages and statement notifications. This is an end-to-end signed and encrypted document-delivery application that allows organizations to reduce operational costs and safeguard their client identities from statement theft and password interception.
“Data protection and loss prevention is becoming increasingly critical for businesses of all sizes with data breaches costing organizations more and more each year,” said S. Dale McHenry, vice president, Enterprise Network Services, AT&T. “AT&T’s managed security services provide businesses with the tools and resources that they need to securely handle their data, helping to enforce data privacy and save money with the electronic transfer of documents.”
AT&T’s managed security services portfolio is centered on the principles of delivering and leading the market with in-the-cloud security solutions to help enterprises reduce costs and remove the dependency on hardware and software. AT&T’s strategy for security is to provide a “defense in depth” approach to security, with features built into the various network layers, applications and supporting processes.
AT&T Security and Business Continuity Services deliver a suite of solutions to help assess vulnerabilities, protect infrastructure, detect attacks, respond to suspicious activities and events and design enterprise networking environments for nonstop operations. More information on AT&T security offerings can be found at www.business.att.com/security.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.