Introducing Chyron MOS Version 2.0 Complete Graphics Management for Newsrooms
New graphics management solution streamlines workflow for MOS newsroom systems
Melville, NY, December, 2005 — Chyron®, the industry leader in broadcast graphics, announces the launch of Chyron MOS Version 2.0 Complete Graphics Management for Newsrooms, a highly advanced newsroom graphics management solution that builds upon the strengths of Chyron MOS. The industry-standard Media Object Server (MOS) is a powerful communications protocol used to integrate and link newsroom computer systems and broadcast production applications and equipment. Chyron MOS Version 2.0 Complete Graphics Management for Newsrooms offers a unique graphics management solution that streamlines newsroom workflow even further, giving newsroom staff the benefits of faster graphics creation, simplified newsroom operations, expanded playlist control functions, as well as new administrator management controls.
The Chyron MOS Version 2.0 Complete Graphics Management for Newsrooms solution gives journalists, producers, and graphics designers unmatched control over the look and content of news graphics. By removing the technical barriers so the individual pieces of newsroom production technology “speak” a common language, Chyron MOS integrates completely with the AP ENPS®, Avid iNews® and Dalet OpenMedia® MOS NCS® broadcast workflow, and provides direct interface with all Duet systems for sophisticated graphics production.
The Chyron MOS V. 2.0 Complete Graphics Management for Newsrooms solution offers the following powerful feature set for streamlining newsroom workflow:
* Content can be created using any version of Chyron’s powerful Lyric® CG software, on- or offline.
* Templated images can be re-used, so that fewer daily images need to be designed.
* Asset Manager’s simple interface enables users to:
o Create, upload, and manage from a single location.
o Upload assets for instant access by the newsroom staff
o Browse and share assets among remote CAMIO servers of affiliate stations
* Administration control available from anywhere on the network
* Advanced scripting ability to automate management of the Chyron MOS server.
* Sophisticated, yet easy-to-use virtual channel structure for quick output configuration changes.
* Quickly and efficiently manage users with group structure.
* Chyron’s Lyric User Interface newsroom client plug-in (LUCI) included with Chyron MOS server, at no client license cost.
* New, one-step “search and fulfill” menu is fastest method for news input.
* Self-contained ActiveX® plugin means no additional software to burden newsroom computer systems.
* Seamless integration with Proximity adds new graphic ordering/fulfillment capabilities.
* Unicode support.
* Powerful browser search features that include Boolean, keyword and wild card searches.
* Running Order view in LUCI for at-a-glance, complete rundown graphics overview
* New, configurable playlist playout environment.
* Playlist supports Unicode rundowns.
* Immediate update of rundown changes are reflected in playlist on playout devices.
* Intelligent playlist pointer positioning.
“We developed Chyron MOS Version 2.0 to simplify newsroom operations. Templated messages and a library of images give journalists and producers unprecedented access and control over the news graphics, while giving graphics designers freedom to concentrate on creating sophisticated content,” said Bianca Beck, Chyron MOS product manager. “Chyron MOS is truly a complete graphics management tool for newsrooms.”
With unwavering clarity of vision, Chyron continues to define and dominate the world of broadcast graphics. Winner of numerous awards, including two Emmys, Chyron has proven itself as the undisputed leader in the industry. From the compact MicroX to the HD/SD-switchable HyperX HD/SD, Chyron’s exceptional Duet product line brings unmatched, 2D and 3D graphics creation and performance to the most demanding studio and mobile operations. Rounding out Chyron’s graphics offerings are still and clip servers, channel branding and telestration systems, and MOS newsroom integration solutions. The ChyTV product line leverages Chyron’s broadcast expertise with video graphics devices for microcasting and digital displays. Chyron has a unique, 30-year history of service and support for its products that far exceeds that of most manufacturers. For more information about Chyron products and services, please visit the company web sites at www.chyron.com and www.chytv.com (OTC BB: CYRO).
From time to time, including in this press release, the Company may publish forward-looking statements relating to such matters as anticipated financial performance, business prospects, technological developments, changes in the industry, new products, research and development activities and similar matters. The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides a safe harbor for forward-looking statements. In order to comply with the terms of the safe harbor, the Company notes that a variety of factors could cause the Company’s actual results to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the Company’s forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that may affect the operations, performance, development and results of the Company’s business include, without limitation, the following: product concentration in a mature market, dependence on the emerging digital market and the industry’s transition to DTV and HDTV, consumer acceptance of DTV and HDTV, resistance within the broadcast or cable industry to implement DTV and HDTV technology, use and improvement of the Internet, new technologies that could render certain Chyron products to be obsolete, a highly competitive environment, competitors with significantly greater financial resources, new product introductions by competitors, seasonality, fluctuations in quarterly operating results, ability to maintain adequate levels of working capital, the viability of the OTC Bulletin Board as a trading platform and expansion into new markets.
- Contact Information
- Peggy Stalhut
- Chyron Corporation
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.